Chapter 28

"He looks a bit peaky, deosn't he?"

"Peaky?What do you expect. He fell over 100 feet."

"Let's walk you off the tower and see what you look like."

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry responds to the twins.

Everyone sighs in relief when Harry begins to come around.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asks right next to the boy.

"Oh, brilliant," Harry responds.

"You have us a right good scare mate," George says to Harry left.

"What happened?" Harry asks.

"Well, you fell off your broom."

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?" Harry wonders out loud.

"No one blames you, Harry. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After y/n saved you, Dumbledore sent them off."

"Y/n?" the group clears away to show Harry his protector.

"Hey, Harry." Y/n with golden wings caressing her back sits on a hovering chair leaning back.

"Y/n! You got your wings! Weren't they white?" Harry announces.

"Yeah, seems it took a good clawing scratch to get my wings to pull out. when I saved you they turned to gold."

"There is something else you should know too," Hermione says after the two talks.

"When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Wilow, and..." Ron uncovers the broken broom.

"Well..." Ron picks up a broken broomstick.

3rd Person

Lupin and Harry talking and walking in the forbidden forest.

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it?" Lupin asks Harry.

"No," Harry responds.

"Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? I mean, more than everyone else?"

"Listen." Hedwig and y/n fly above the boy's heads heading to a rock near the lake.

"Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory...until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences. You are not weak, Harry." Lupin turns to look at the boy.

"Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm scared, professor," Harry confesses.

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." Lupin continues to walk.

"I need to know how to fight them. You could teach me. You made the one on the train go away." Harry says.

"There was only one that night."

"But you made it go away." They make it to where y/n and Hedwig are.

"I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry. But as the dementors seem to have developed an interest in you...perhaps I should teach you. But after the holidays. For now, I need to rest." Hedwig flies off and y/n stays at Harry's side with her wings stretched out.

Winter comes close and soon it is the next Hogsmeade visit. Harry and y/n are up in the clocktower looking down to the group of students heading to the Hogsmead.