Chapter 9

Soon the woman taps her glass and gains our attention. Dumbledore stands up and we watch him intensely. Dumbledore stands up and places his hand on the table.

"I wish to make a few starts of term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note, the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students." he leans in to make himself look more serious.

"Also, our caretaker Mr. Filtch wanted to note that the third-floor corridor on the right side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a painful death. Thank you." well that is very cheerful news, isn't it?

Afterward, our prefect, Percy, leads us up to the Gryffindor common room. Then we soon make it to the Gryffindor common room up flights of stairs that actually like to change. We also see the pictures moving.

"Capus Draconis." The picture frame opens like a door. Percy keeps urging us all in.

"Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boys dormitories are on your left and girl on your right. You will find all your belongings already in there." The boys head down to the left side of the dormitories and I follow but I can't pass through.

"I said girls are on your right." Percy addresses me. I turn to face him.

"I am Harry Potters' protector, I must stay with him at all times," I inform the git.

"There is no need. The common room dorms are entirely safe. If you have any concerns take it with the headmaster." Percy is becoming fouler than the grease on Malfoy's head.

I look to see Harry already down the hallway. I sigh and move outside into the night and make it where I see Harry Potter's head. He waves and I nod with a frown on my face.

After changing Harry is at the window sill with the window open and we stay there in comfortable silence. He strokes Hedwig the white owl and Harry grows a nice content smile. 

The next day was classes. The first class is transfiguration with Professor McGonagall.

"Phew can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron says to Harry.

The cat that is sitting peacefully on the desk hunches her back and leaps forward. At the same time, she turns into the professor.

"That was bloody brilliant." Ron and Harry wear shocked and awed facial expressions.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure you and Mr. Potter into a pocket watch, that way one of you might have arrived on time." She sasses and I chuckle slightly at the image of Harry as a watch. 

"We got lost." Harry explains embarrassed.

"Perhaps a map. I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She walks over to her desk and resumes the lessons.

Next is the potions class with Professor Snape. Now he can easily compete in the creepy battle agaisnt Voldemort.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantation in my class. As such I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and precise art of potion-making. For those select few who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind, bottle fame. brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." He glances at Malfoy. Playing favorites I see.

"Then again some of you have come to Hogwarts so formidable that you are confident enough to not pay attention." Snape looks at Harry. Hermione nudges him and catches his eye.

"Mr. Potter our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root to asphodel wormwood. You don't know. Let's try again, where would you look Mr. Potter if I asked you to find a bezoel." Hermione raised her hand.