Chapter 26

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight." The lady with huge glasses sits in her chair in front of her mini desk. She stands up but knocks into her table as she says 'the Sight'. Causing a few students to chuckle.

"Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future." She raises her hands in the air with excitement.

"This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the arts of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you." She crossers her hands showing opposition.

"What do you see?" she asks and everyone looks inside their partner's cup.

"The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you broaden your minds." She climbs up gripping onto Seamus's head shaking it lightly.

"First, you must look beyond." The teacher waves her hands and points at a certain place on the ceiling as everyone follows her gaze but sees there is nothing there.

"What a load of rubbish," Hermione says as Ron and Harry turned to see her in third place at the table.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asks startled.

"Me? I've been here all this time," Hermione says putting something under her shirt.

"You, boy...is your grandmother quite well?" Trelawney points to Neville.

"I think so." He guesses unsure.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup." Neville's partner hands the woman the cup. She makes some faces.

"Pity." She says placing the cup down and moving on. Nevile looks into his own cup worried.

"Broaden your minds." She moves closer to Harry and Ron's table.

"Oh, ooh. Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond?" Ron jumps slightly with his eyes wide.

"I think you are." She screeches excitedly.

"Sure." Ron tries to reassure her unsure of it himself.

"Look at the cup. Tell me what you see." She urges him on.

"Yeah. Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering." Trelawney looks at Ron then over to Harry nodding and twiddling her fingers.

"And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So.. you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna happy about it." Ron says as Harry looks at him while Hermione nods not believing one word he is saying.

I lean back on my chair as I have those pains in my back once more. Geez, I have been having that ever since Draco looked into my gaze this morning.

"Y/n, you alright?" Malfoy asks looking from my cup over to me.

"Yeah, just my back that is stabbing me with pain. I have no idea why?" 

"Give me the cup," Trelawney asks to whisper slightly. She looks at it then screams pushing it away.

"Oh, my dear boy. My dear.." Trelawney breathed clutching her necklace near her chest.

"You have the grim." She goes so close to his face, her glasses become bigger and scarier.

"The grin? What's the grin?" a boy asks.

"Not the Grin, you idiot. The grim." Another boy answers as Harry looks down his own cup.

"Taking the form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen of death." I tilt my head that is lying on the top of the seat and look at Harry. Great, my back hurts like I am getting stabbed and Harry is going to die. The years are getting greater and greater, note my sarcasm.

"Can't I get a break?" I sighed closing my eyes tired.

"Oh, you two...you have quite the pink aura." Trelawney goes over to our table.

"Is that so? Malfoy please do tell what is in my cup?" I remarked still not in the mood to be kind today.

"You have two hearts with an arrow across meaning you are going to meet your soulmate and then you have a bird meaning your life is going to be filled with feathers." He mentions and I tug the corner of my mouth upwards in a slight laugh.

"Are you alright my dear? You don't look so well." Trelawney asks me.

"Fine. Just tired I presume. Alright, let's see your misfortunes Malfoy." I lean forward with a slight sigh through my nose.

"Let's see. Huh...I see the same. Weird." I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"Give me the cup," Trelawney asks and Draco gives her my cup.

"Oh my...you will undergo a great transformation soon my dear best have your guardians ready to help you. Oh, you will look absolutely gorgeous." Trelawney moves on after the statement and my confusion broadens. What transformation is she talking about?

The class heads down to Hagrid's hut immediately after Divinations and talks amongst each other, Malfoy is helping me walk down the stairs with an arm around my waist. After the excruciating walk down the steep hill, we make it to Hagrid hut.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking if you don't mind." Hagrid calls to us and everyone quiets down.

"You okay?" Harry whispers to me seeing Malfoy close to me and practically holding me up.

"Yeah, fine." I try to get away but my back shoots in pain causing me to wince.

"As much as I don't like it, Malfoy actually lessens the pain in my back." Malfoy tugs me to his hip and the pain disappears to a small throbbing. Although a huge grin is on Malfoys face.

"Might have to go see a nurse," Harry suggests and I smile telling him I will be fine.

"I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me." He leads us into a clearing in the dark forest but not too deep that we aren't in any danger.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco asks next to me.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me." I laugh slightly at the slight twinge of agitation in Hagrid's tone of voice.

"I think they're funny." Hermione states.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny."

Malfoy leans me on tree bark and I sigh as the bark eases the strain of my back which is really odd.

"Real witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." The boys next to Malfoy laugh and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry walks over.

"Oh." Draco coes like a pigeon. He struts forward after giving Goyle his bag.

He looks up and I follow his gaze not seeing anything. He raises his arm and calls out "Dementor! Dementor!" everyone turns but sees nothing.

I give the boy deadpanned look as he and his amigos put on their hoods and twiddle their fingers in front of them. They coo once more as pigeons and Hermione looks at me. I jerk my head to the side and she nods grabbing Harry's arms and walks off.

Draco stays in front of me. I lift my leg and push his ass making him fall on his face. He gets back up and I smirk charming at him causing him to glare.

Hagrid comes and we see a creature who cooes and accept the dead ferret that is thrown at him. I raise my left eyebrow and watch the creature.

"Isn't he beautiful?"

*I wonder what the creature is?

Any ideas?