Chapter 8

The train ride soon ends when it got dark. We make it to the train station and get off, I faintly hear Hagrid calling first years to come this way meaning he is going to lead us to the castle. Harry jumps down while I float down.

Some of the other kids look at me but don't say anything. We head over to the giant holding the lamp in his right hand. He looks down and sees us or more importantly Harry.

"Hello Harry, Harry girlfriend who floats." I jerk my head up with an eye wide. I thought he couldn't see me.

"y/n, y/n l/n," I inform him of my name.

I look down at Harry and he avoids my gaze. I look toward the giant and he has a smirk on his face. I replay his words in my head and my eyes widen.

"I'm not his girlfriend, I am his protector. There is a huge difference." I am not here for a relationship! Damn, if any of these mortal magical humans think or even look at me as something more than what I am; I am going to hex them to hell.

"Alright this way first years, this way to the boats." he turns and leads us to small boats for five or four children each boat.

Harry gets in a boat with Ron carrying the lantern and we watch how the castle appears. We look at it in awe and I float by the boats next to Harry. I trial my hand in the water and the cool liquid calms all the stress I have gone through with this new environment and keeping Harry safe.

After the boat ride, the first years including Harry walk up the stairs and I fly right over to where an old woman with black robes and small glasses is standing. She has her hand on the marble stone staircase and is thumping them like she wants them to hurry up.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She begins to talk with me sitting on the stone staircase, arms and legs crossed.

"Now," she claps her hands.

"In a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." The woman glances at a student with blonde greased hair who holds a smug expression.

"Now, while you are here, your house will be, like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points and any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house-" "Trevor." a boy exclaims cutting the woman off her talking to grab his toad at the top of the stairs. I wondered what that croaking was before.

"Sorry." the boy returns to his place with his toad and a few laughs can be heard. Harry and Ron holding smiles on their faces.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." she walks off and we are left standing on the stairs.

"It's true then, what they are saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Murmurs erupt from the crowd and I gaze at them expressionlessly. It was the greased hairball blonde who is speaking looking at Harry.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I am Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The kid steps forward looking down at Harry.

Ron scoffs hunching his shoulders with a sly grin on his face. Draco looks over at him and I watch him scrutinize his gaze over Ron.

"Think my name is funny, do you? No need to ask for yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." the two boys judge each other with their eyes in disgust.

"You soon will find out some wizarding families are better than other Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." The blonde bimbo raises his hand for Harry to shake.