Chapter 24

"Y/n...Y/n!" Harry voices reach my ears and I blink away the subtle hypnotic daze I was in.

"Yes, are you alright? how did you sleep?" I ask Harry straightening up.

"I slept well, better than any other day. I wanted to ask you something." I look at him as he fiddles with his fingers.

"This alpha command you told me...how does it work?" my eyes widen. 

I never expected him to remember that and I kind of wanted him to forget. I have grown to love being a protector but to be free with my kind that...well, I wouldn't know.

"You see Harry I don't know about it for sure. I can tell you what to do and how to do it in order to free me of my protection on you but..." Harry walks over grabbing my hand in his.

"Please tell me, you aren't just my protector, you're my friend." I look at him in surprise as tears pool in my eyes.

"Oh, Harry." I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

"I have grown attached to being your protector that if you do release me I don't know what I'd do anymore. the guardians have changed and I don't know what will happen once I am free." I confess to the boy as he listens.

"You can be their princess again." He tells me.

"I already am their princess. I have formed a new flock and well, this protector's powers are what keeps me in my prime. If I get released, I fear I won't gain my wings nor will I be strong to lead my new guardian pack anymore." I confess my fears and thoughts.

"Okay. Can you still tell me what to do?" Harry asks titling his head down and try looking at my diverted gaze.

"Maybe sometime later. Not right now." I slip my hands out of his and float a bit to the corner of the room to calm my tears.

Harry walks over to the table and picks up a furry monster book. Unclasping the lock, the book starts to bite. Harry has to wrestle with the book of monsters who snaps at him. In order to trap and close the book, Harry takes off his shoe and drops it. When the book nibbles on the shoe, Harry jumps on it.

"Nice trick," I comment enjoying the show.

"Thanks." he closes the book and sets it down where he picked it up in the first place.

"Housekeeping." A woman with a broom sweeping on its own, calls knocking on a door. A roar blasts at her as Harry comes out of his dorm.

"Eek!" I screech slightly as a very furry orange cat chases a rat.

"Shut up," I tell Harry who chuckles at my jump from the cat and rat.

"I'll come back later then." Harry makes his way downstairs to see Ron and Hermione arguing over their pets.

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy" Ron growls at Hermione.

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect? It's in his nature."

"A Cat? Is that what they told you?" Ron sasses at her.

"Looks like a pig with hair." I nod slightly agreeing with him.

"That's rich... coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush," Hermione tells him, neither one of them seeing Harry and I.

"Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy." Hermione coo's at her cat as Harry leans on the stairs case railings smiling at his friends.

"Harry, y/n!" Ron is the first to smile and greet his friends which makes Hermione turn around looking much more mature.

"Harry. Y/n!" Her hair is smoother but still in some wavers.