Chapter 5

We have returned back to the house and while Dudley is shivering in Petunia's arms heading in the house with Vernon and Harry together. Vernon grips Harry's ear and the boy screams. i growl and clench my fist.

"What happened?" Vernon asks angrily.

"I don't know, it just happened. it was like Magic." Vernon pushes the boy into the closet under the stairs.

"There is no such thing as magic." I move into the room when Vernon closes the door and latch.

Harry looks sad as the airway is closed.

The next day, Justin sends me a note saying Harry's Hogwarts letter is coming today. I head out of the room to see Harry picking up the mail. Harry walks over into the kitchen and keeps his gaze over on the letter.

He switches the letters for Vernon over to the outstretched hand and the Hogwarts letter in his right hand. Dudley the little weasel snatches the letter out of Harry's hand.

"Dad, Dad; Harry got a letter." He hands the letter to Vernon while Harry runs around the table to get it back.

"Hey give it back, that is mine."

"You..." Vernon laughs with the word.

"Who would be writing to you?" they look at the letter.

They hold fear in their eyes. More and more letters came during the week and Vernon did everything in his power to keep those letters out. 

He even drilled the mail slot on the front door. Soon a lot of owls landed on the lawn and we can officially say we are now being owl haunted.

Sunday comes along and Vernon gleefully sits in his chair in the living room as Harry serves cookies. He inhales a breath with a smile on his face.

"Fine day Sunday.  In my opinion the best day of the week. Do you know why Dudley?" Vernon looks at his son.

"Because there is no post on Sundays," Harry answers the shrugging cousin of his.

"Right you are Harry. No post on Sunday. Ha." Vernon grabs a cookie and continues to boast. I hope he chokes on that cookie.

"No blasted letters today, no sir. Not one bloody letter, not one." Vernon continues to boast and laugh it off relieved the Hogwarts letters aren't here. Harry hears owls screech and he goes over to the window seeing the lawn, mailbox, fence, and most of the neighborhood or our house is covered in millions of owls.

They are such beautiful creatures I can officially say. If I had the choice, I might get an owl. Such gorgeous creatures and they have something I desire. 

Feathers. 

Don't worry I am not going to pluck a bird that is of half-blood as I am. That would be painful and means I am a hypocrite.

"No sir. Not one blasted letter..." Vernon stops talking as a single letter flew out from the fireplace. I laugh at the surprised face and my smile turns into a smirk as more come out. This is what happens if you don't accept a letter from Hogwarts, you get your parade, rained on.

The house soon shakes as million of letters fly over the place. Harry looks around like it is Christmas time flailing his arms trying to catch one. He finally catches a letter and Vernon sees, Harry leaps over the couch as Vernon launches over to him.

"Give me that. Give me that letter." Vernon chases Harry.

Harry tries to open the door but Vernon grabs his waist stopping him. The letters move into the hallway and Dudley getting off his mother's lap and letting go of her neck runs to see where his father is going.