Chapter 32

"Sorry about the bite. I reckon that twinges a bit." Sirius apologizes in the tunnel as they head forward.

 Lupin and I keep an eye on the sniffling coward who tries to escape but to no avail. 

"A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off!"

"I was going for the rat." Sirius tries to plead his case.

"Normally, I have a sweet disposition as a dog. More than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. Bu the fleas, they're murder." Sirius says and I laugh at the fleas part.

3rd person

The trio makes it out and have Hermione lookout for Ron as Sirius walks out to look at the castle. Harry following him.

"You better go," Hermione tells Harry.

"No. Better stay. Okay!"

"It's fine. I'll stay."

"You go, I'll stay." Hermione urges Harry to go talk to Sirius.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. Go." Harry stands up and walks over to Sirius.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Sirius says to his godson.

"I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man."

"That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Sirius continues to talk to Harry.

"I didn't think my dad would have wanted his best friends to become killers. Along with my protector. Besides, dead, the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free." Harry and Sirius turn to Peter whimpering.

"Turn me into a flobberworm. Anything but the dementors."

"Shut up!" Y/n smacks his face shouting.

"Ron! Haven't I been a good pet? You won't let them give me to the dementors, will you? I was your rat." The man pleads to Ron and then turns to Hermione.

"Sweet, clever girl! Surely you won't.."

"Get away from her!" Remus pulls the man away from the children as y/n sword is back toward the rats neck.

"I don't know if you know, Harry...but when you were born, James and Lily made me your godfather." Sirius looks back to the castle.

"I know." Harry looks toward Sirius with some hope in his eyes.

"I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle...but if you ever wanted a different home.."

"What? Come and live with you?" Harry asks still looking at his godfather.

"It's just a thought. I can understand if you don't want to."

"Harry!" Hermione's voice calls everyone's attention to her.

Hermione points to the moon which is full...Oh no! Remus! Y/n looks over to the man who is now shaking transforming to his werewolf form. Y/n, stupidly, looks at the moon as well. Big mistake!

"Remus, my old friend. Have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius hugs his friend as he groans when his bones and muscles shift.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! Here!" Sirius tries to reason with the man but he is too far gone to listen.

"This flesh is only flesh!" Peter grabs the dropped wand is points it to the two men but Harry cries out "Expelliarmus." The man waves his fingers grinning and he transforms into a rat again scurrying off.