Chapter 10

"You are being stripped of your title." 

"What?" I growl out loud shaking the place.

"You have no wings, no guardianship, and still don't understand about love. Since we have received news Voldemort is alive we will be the one to take care of the issue and look after the magical realm." I look at the five males in disbelief.

"You can't rip me from my status, from my blood." I accuse them.

"We can and we will. Being a leader is much too important to leave in the hands of a girl." 

'Now they are being plain rude.'

I thought staying silent as I have nothing to say. What they say is true and I remember my mother telling me of that. If a royal is not ready to rule, has no wings nor guardianship then the council has the power to strip the royal of their status and take on the role themselves.

"Any other objections?" I remain silent not looking up at them.

"Very well. We as the councilmen of the last living guardians strip you y/n l/n of your status as a princess and you shall forever be a protector." I look up at the last part.

"No please there is got to be a way for me to be able to be a guardian." I plead at the floating black mass of the councilmen.

"You can become a guardian and regain your status if..."

"If." I fear for the answer but I am becoming desperate.

"If you find a worthy pureblood Vera mate." dammit!

"You may go." I fly off angry at them and pissed at what the charge is to get out of being a protector.

A vera mate. Mates don't exist and besides, there are no other guardians that keep the veela/vera bloodline except for me, Justin, and the councilmen. I am not mating with anyone, love is an illusion and I would rather stay a protector than be trapped stuck with a mate that won't care about me and even hold me back for me to stay safe when I have a job to do.

I make it over to the house but when I fly to my balcony there is nothing. My eyes widen and I look around maybe I flew past it but no it is the same house. I look up and see a note and a small bag nailed to the tree, I pluck it from the hold.

'y/l l/n you no longer live in our realm. your sole place to live is with your assignment Harry James Potter. Take your belonging in the bag and leave.'

"No...No!" I rip the note and scream out into the sky in rage.

If I can't live here then to hell with that, I will live in my own realm. I fly off with the small bag in hand and head to find a new place for me to live. I can't believe this, it is madness and a conspiracy. 

I see Justin ahead dismissing the guardians. I hide not wanting them to see me and when the last guardian disappears I go in. Justin turns and puts the list down and looks up as I swish over.

"Y/n? You alright?" Justin asked the wrong question.

"Did you know the councilman stripped my title?" I ask him and Justin's sorrow-filled face confirmed it.

"You didn't bother to tell me."

He looks away from me and as I try to get to look into his eyes he continues to turn away. Why is he not meeting my eyes? It is not like he agreed to it? Wait, did he?

"You agreed for this to happen," I exclaim and Justin tucks his head down some more. my eyes widen and my heart shatters.

"You asked for them to do this?"