Chapter 10

WOW!!! I can't believe the number of votes on the last chapter! :) You all are absolutely incredible! I hope you enjoy this chapter, and please ignore any typos since my spellcheck is broken......

Song: The Baddest Girl by Pentatonix 

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

I woke up the next morning to loud voices and footsteps charging through the castle. I sat up straight in bed and looked around my room in panic. Dressed in only a cami and shorts, I pulled on a robe before wandering into the hallway.

I followed the commotion until I found the source by the door leading down towards the dungeon. Guards were roughly pulling someone down the stairs and shouting commands at each other. I felt a hand on my waist and turned around to find Niall looking at me curiously.

“What are you doing down here?”

“Who’s being taken to the dungeon?” I asked.

“A few of our spies found and captured someone in The Rebels,” he said.

I took off in a sprint down the stairs and found the freshly closed cell as the guards started to leave the prisoner. My eyes caught sight of the figure hunched over in the cell, and my blood ran cold.

Brown curls.

Harry.

“Harry!” I whispered brokenly.

His head snapped up and his eyes widened. “Anna?”

“Oh no,” I reached for him. “How?”

Harry walked towards me and intertwined our fingers before pressing his body against the bars.

“They attacked me coming out of The Rebels headquarters,” he bowed his head.

“I’m so sorry,” I murmured. “We’ll figure something out.”

I didn’t notice I was crying until Harry’s fingers swiped at my cheek gently.

“Hey,” he soothed. “We’ll be okay.”

“I know,” I sniffed. “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

We were so wrapped up in each other that we didn’t hear the footsteps behind me.

“Anna?” asked a familiar voice. “What the hell is going on?”

I ripped myself away from Harry before facing Niall.

“Niall!” I gasped. “I was just, uh, well this is……”

“I’m her boyfriend,” Harry cut me off.

Niall’s eyes widened dramatically and I buried my face in my hands.

“Well,” Niall sniffed. “It’s nice to meet you mate; I’m Niall.”

Harry shook Niall’s outstretched hand firmly. “I’m Harry.”

“So this is what you weren’t telling me,” Niall smirked. “I should’ve guessed.”

“I’m sorry,” I breathed. “I had to keep his life a secret. Father would kill me if he found out.”

Niall’s POV

Just a few hours later found Harry in Liam’s office being interrogated. Rarely did Liam ever lose his temper, but Harry’s men had stolen his daughter. As I approached the door, I noticed Anna sitting outside against the wall, hands clamped over her mouth.