Chapter 14

Wow, I can't believe it. This is the last chapter before the Epilogue. The feedback on this story has been absolutely incredible and I can't thank all of you enough! You all are amazing :) But, do not fear! I am please to announce:

I'M WRITING A SEQUEL!!!

I will give you the details in a few days about the title and content, but I can promise that it will be exciting :)

Song: Memory Lane by McFly

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

“This is weird,” I declared, my fingers tracing over Harry’s collarbone.

“How so?” he mumbled.

“I never knew you when you were human,” I said. “It’s weird to smell your human scent.”

“Weird?” he chuckled.

“More like distracting,” I muttered, my mouth watering slightly at the blood flowing through the vein in his neck.

After everyone had cleared away from the funeral, Harry and I had retreated to my room where we were currently cuddling. My head was resting on his chest while his arms were wrapped securely around me.

“Better then my vampire blood?” he murmured.

“Way better,” I said eagarly.

He laughed, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. “I’m sorry for my distracting state.”

I placed my hand carefully over his chest, the steady beating of his heart confirming that he was alive. It was odd to hear the rush of blood through his veins and the thumping of his heart.

“I nearly went insane thinking you were dead,” I whispered.

“I’m sorry,” he tightened his grip on me.

“What happened?” I asked. “Why did it take so long for you to come back?”

“I woke up in this bright white room, and a woman there told me about you. She said that I would suddenly wake up here, but it didn’t happen for a long time. She then told me that if she tried to bring me back, the power surge would either kill me for good or I would be human again,” he said.

“That was my mom,” I smiled happily.

“Really?” he looked at me in surprise. “She was so kind to me.”

“Yeah,” I teared up. “That’s her.”

A knocking on my bedroom door broke us out of our reverie.

“Come in!” I called.

Niall peeked around the doorframe and grinned. “Can I interrupt for a minute?”

“Sure,” we both sat up and Harry pulled me onto his lap.

Niall sauntered in and perched at the edge of my bed. “Have you two thought about what you’re going to do?”

“About what?” I asked.

“Harry,” he sighed. “Either you keep him human and he ages like everyone else, or you turn him into a vampire again.”

“But how do we know it won’t kill him to go through the change?” I asked.

“We don’t,” Harry cut in. “We’ll just have to take that risk.”

“No,” I stated firmly. “I’m not losing you again.”

“Anna,” he looked me in the eye. “We have to try. I’ll just get old and die anyway while you stay the same age.”