Chapter 6

Yayay! A new chapter! I promise, the chapter after this one will get even more exciting :) Please excuse any typos :D I hope everyone's day is going great!

Song: Celebrate by MIKA

~Carly <3

Harry’s POV (Yay! Finally!)

As soon as Anna disappeared into the rain, I screamed in range and slammed my flat door. The whole building shook and a few photos on my wall fell off and crashed to the ground. My hands gripped my curls and pulled on them almost painfully.

Why her?

Why the one girl I’ve ever loved?

Yes, I love Anna.

I was going to tell her tonight.

Both of our secrets have ruined everything.

Why does she have to be the princess?

My life mission is to bring down the vampire monarchy.

My life goal is to kill her father.

If I did that, she would hate me forever.

Hell, she hates me now. My father killed her mother 13 years ago.

I should never want to see her again. But I do. I need her in my life.

I need to get her back, even if it kills me.

I pulled out my cellphone and dialed a number before pressing it to my ear.

“Hello?” answered a familiar voice.

“Hey Zayn, it’s Harry,” I said evenly. “We need to talk.”

Annabelle’s POV

Having to explain my complete meltdown to Niall and Liam was a bit strange. I merely told them that I was still upset from the encounter with Josh and that I was sick of ignoring them.

Liam had held me until I finally calmed down and Niall carried me to my room. Niall kissed my forehead gently before retiring to his room for the night.

The next morning, I ate a peaceful breakfast by myself before heading out to the stables. Even though vampires enjoy running and using our abilities, we still own a stable of horses. My favorite is the deep caramel mare named Winny.

After securing the saddle and feeding Winny an apple, I jumped on and we took off into the forest to enjoy nature. The soft thud of her hooves on the mossy ground was relaxing and I found myself giggling with joy as we cut through the trees.

I pulled Winny’s reigns suddenly as the trees beside me rustled. She stop and trotted around for a minute before I heard the rustling again.

“Who’s there?” I called out. “Show yourself!”

I zeroed in my senses and picked up an unfamiliar scent. However, there was no heartbeat.

Vampire.

I jumped down off my horse and stood my ground.

“I can hear you,” I hissed. “Show yourself this instance.”

A young man with a quiff, brown eyes, and tan skin stepped out of the trees with his hands held up in surrender.

“No need to get angry,” he purred. “I’m merely passing through.”

“Well, you’re trespassing on private land,” I said.

“Do you know the people that live on this land?” he asked curiously.