Chapter 4

New update! Yay :) Thank you for all of the lovely comments. They made me smile and laugh to no end so I thank you all! I hope you enjoy this chapter...............(and please don't kill me). 

Sorry for typos!

Song: Love Today by MIKA

~Carly <3

Harry’s POV

As soon as we got home, Anna explained to us in tears about Evelyn’s attack.

“Where did you get that necklace?” Liam asked her suddenly.

Anna touched the locket around her neck subconciously.

“The woman gave it to me along with Evelyn. I thought it would be good to keep it,” she said.

“Can I see it?” Liam asked.

“Sure,” Anna’s fingers unlatched the clasp before dropping it in her father’s palm.

Liam let it fall to the ground immediately, hissing in pain.

“Did it burn you too?” she asked.

“Too?” I wondered aloud.

“Danny couldn’t hold it either,” she explained.

One by one, everyone in the room held the locket. The only people it didn’t burn were Anna and Evelyn.

“Why does it do that?” asked Niall.

“Well, if the woman was a witch, she must have spelled it so nobody could take it from her daughter,” said Liam.

“But why me?” asked Anna.

“You were the person she handed Evelyn to, right? She must’ve trusted you,” Liam smiled.

“Oh,” Anna said quietly.

I noticed fondly that Evelyn still had her little arms wrapped around Anna’s neck, her face buried in the wooly jumper of her mother. My hands carefully lifted the sleeping toddler from Anna’s arms before tucking her head under my chin and holding her close. I kissed the top of her head and listened to the soothing fluttering of Evelyn’s tiny heart.

Annabelle’s POV

“Harry!” I screamed into the darkness. “Where are you?!”

The darkness suddenly turned to trees around me, and I came nose to nose with an enormous wolf. Before it could hurt me, a pair of hands pushed we backwards until Harry was standing in front of me.

“Get out of here Anna!” he said sternly.

“No!” I yelled. “I’m not leaving you!”

As he started to argue with me, the wolf bit down on his shoulder. As he cried out in pain, the beast dragged him towards the forest, blood spilling down his shirt.

“Harry!” I screamed.

I tried to chase after him, but it was as if my feet were glued to the ground. No matter how much I struggled, my feet wouldn’t budge.

Harry started to scream from the depths of the woods, but they suddenly cut off with a sickening snapping sound.

“No!” I screamed.

I woke up sweating and sobbing, clutching the sheets until I could barely breathe. Harry jolted awake beside me.

“Anna!” his voice was alarmed. “What’s wrong?”