Chapter 1

So, this chapter has a lot of information in it! I'm sorry if it's confusing but I had to explain everything before the real story can begin. It will get much more exciting! Please excuse typos! :) 

Song: No Light, No Light by Florence and the Machine

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

I felt arms shaking me and a small voice calling my name.

“Miss Annabelle; it’s time to wake up! You’ll be late for your lesson!”

I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and pouting at one of our many maids.

“5 more minutes Melissa! Please?” I begged pitifully.

She shook her head before pulling open my curtains and allowing the morning sunlight to flood throughout the spacious room.

“Get yourself up and ready. You can’t keep your father waiting again!” she scolded.

Confused?

I suppose I have some explaining to do.

My name is Annabelle Payne; I’m 18 years old.

My father’s name is Liam Payne.

My father is also the oldest vampire in history.

He was alive in 600 A.D, but a witch in his village put a curse on him after he stole an old and very special necklace from her. In his defense, it was on a dare from his friends, but the witch didn’t take it well. She cursed him to an eternity of loneliness and bloodlust.

After my father’s transformation, he went on a rampage and turned hundreds of people into vampires, who then turned others and so on. My father created our empire and became the king of the vampire race, establishing the successful monarchy we have today. The humans have no idea that vampires exist, and we plan to keep it that way.

After showering and throwing on an outfit for the day, I began to straighten my hair. An old picture of my mother, Scarlett, caught my eye being kept tucked into the side of the mirror. I sighed sadly and picked up the picture, my fingers holding it preciously.

My father had never been interested in a relationship before he met my mother 300 years ago. He had been wandering about London, looking for a quick meal when he spotted her crossing the street. After following her for a few blocks, he went in for the kill, but she reacted quickly and slammed him to the brick wall. It turned out that she was a vampire too, and they instantly clicked.

She became the queen and our people instantly loved her kind nature and welcoming smile. She was also incredibly smart, more than once helping my father with inportant ruling decisions.

They didn’t dream about ever adopting children; they were too busy. That all changed the night they found me swaddled in a thin blacket, crying in a box in the shadows of an alley.

Being the incredibly loving people they were, they couldn’t just leave me to die. Scarlett and Liam adopted me, and I became the new princess.

My feet carried me down to the kitchen where dozens of chefs were rushing about, preparing meals for the day and for a dinner party later on in the week.

“Good morning Miss Annabelle,” a few of them greeted.

I nodded politely in acknowledgement before grabbing a muffin and heading through the stone castle to my father’s office. The guard at the door stepped aside after greeting me warmly, the large wooden door falling open with a creak.

My father was sitting at his desk, his fingers filing through a thick photo album where he kept old family photos.

The floor to ceiling book shelves towered over the room, making me feel as if I were in a medival library.

“Hi Daddy,” I said quietly.

He looked up instantly and his eyes softened before he smiled at me. “Hey sweetie.”

I hugged him from beind before sitting politely across at his desk.

“I like that picture,” I mused, pointing to the one of the three of us with me at the age of 5.

“I do too,” he agreed. “That was only a few months before….”

“Yeah,” I cut him off. “I know.”

My father and I don’t particularly enjoy talking about my mother’s death.

With us being a monarchy, there’s always going to be a group wanting to rebel.

That was the group that killed my mother.

They call themselves The Rebels. They’re a group of vampires who want to be free from the king, so they planned a raid 13 years ago where they ambushed the castle and tried to kill my father. He had gotten me away safely, but they burst through the front doors and cornered my mother, staking her brutally. My father had no trouble ripping the rest of them to pieces after that. He was furious and in anguish.

After that night, my father had to make a hard decision. If he kept me human, it was too easy for someone to kill me. But, if he turned me, I would become a monster too. He waited 13 years to make a decision. 

My father turned me into a vampire.

I’ll never forget the night when I had to drink a cup of his blood before he………well……killed me.

I was only a teenager, but I had to comfort my grown father when he cried for days afterwards. I’m still pretty sure he hasn’t forgiven himself. I don’t remember dying, but he says he snapped my neck quickly and painlessly.

I was forced to mature quickly after that.

My father trained me everyday to become a strong warrior if ever needed. He also taught me in my studies of math, science, and history.

“Any news?” I asked after a few silent moments.

“They are planning to strike in a few months,” he said. “But we can’t get an exact date.”

The descendents of the first Rebels have come together to continue their ancestors legacy and destroy our family.

They’re going to strike soon.

And we’ll be ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)