Chapter 3

So.....please let me know what you guys think, cuz I don't know if any of you are liking this -_-

But, I loved writing this chapter! So, please enjoy! (Please excuse typos!)

Song: Nobody Compares by One Direction 

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

The next morning I was awoken by Melissa pulling the duvet from my cozy form. I let out a squeal from the cold morning air in my large room.

“Wake up Miss Annabelle,” she ordered. “There’s a surprise for you in your father’s office.”

“A surprise?” I asked in confusion.

“Yes, now get up!” she said before striding out of my room.

Melissa stopped just outside my door and shot me a smile. “Oh, and happy Birthday!”

I grinned at my empty room as I remembered that today is my 19th Birthday.

Well, it would be if I aged.

I’m permenetly stuck at 18, but our kind still keep count and celebrate Birthdays. For example, in a few months my father will be 1,434 years old.

I showered, dressed, and fixed my hair in a flash before sprinting across the castle to my father’s office. When I approached the door, I heard my Dad’s booming laughter from inside and another, slightly higher pitched voice. Only one person can make my father laugh like that.

I pushed open the door before throwing myself at our guest.

“Uncle Niall!” I cried as his arms wrapped around me and he chuckled.

“Annabear!” He mimicked. “It’s so good to see you!”

Niall Horan, with his bright blond hair, brown root, adorable smile, and stunning blue eyes is my father’s oldest friend. I’ve known him since the day I was born and he’s like a second father to me. Niall’s been exploring the world for the past two years, trying to round up vampires to help take down The Rebels.

“What are you doing here?” I asked happily.

“It’s your Birthday!” he said. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world!”

As soon as I released him from the hug, my father wrapped his arms around me.

“Happy Birthday Sweetie,” he murmured.

“Thanks Dad,” I smiled.

I felt Niall’s hand link with mine and he pulled me towards the door. “Let’s talk. Please excuse us for a minute Liam!”

We ended up strolling through the back gardens, our locked hands swinging comically between the two of us.

“I’ve missed you Niall,” I said. “Why were you gone for so long?”

“It’s getting hard to find an army,” he sighed. “Many vampires I found were too scared to fight.”

I frowned and a knot of worry settled in the pit of my stomach.

“But let’s not fret about that right now,” he laughed. “How’s the transformation treating you?”

“I’m okay,” I shrugged.

“Anna, you’re only a year old,” he said. “It’s okay if you’re struggling.”

“I’m not!” I promised. “It’s just my dad……”