Chapter 12

I'M SO SORRY I'VE TAKEN SO LONG. I'M THE WORST AUTHOR EVER!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and sorry for any typos! :)

NOTE: Please go check out my new story, "Help Me". I really love writing it, and it's vampire just like this one, so you all should like it too....I think :)

Song: The Way by Ariana Grande 

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

After Danny left, every sound from above made me jump. What if he was returning with Harry’s dead body? Or Evelyn’s?

I pulled sharply on the cuffs again and hissed as the metal cut into my wrists.

There was suddenly yelling and crashes coming from upstairs and I tried to listen more carefully.

“Anna?” I heard a familiar voice call.

“Harry!” I cried. “I’m in the basement!”

Thundering footsteps down the stairs and the appearance of my husband caused me to sigh in relief. He pressed a hand over his mouth and coughed.

“He put vervain plants around the basement?” he wheezed.

I briefly realized that the plants were the thing making me feel so tired, but I brushed it off.

“Harry!” I panicked. “You need to get out of here! Danny will kill you!”

“We waited until he left to take down the body guards,” Harry ripped the chains from the wall. “We’ll get out of here just fine.”

With the chains gone, my legs gave out and Harry had to catch me before I crashed to the ground.

“Easy does it,” Harry murmured, picking me up bridal style.

My head lolled onto his shoulder and he easily carried me up the large staircase.

“Mom!” I heard Evelyn call.

“Is she alright?” my dad’s voice broke through the haze in my brain.

“She’s fine,” Harry said. “Just weak.”

“Let’s get out of here,” Niall’s blond head went through the front door.

My senses picked up on the slight breeze and the chirping birds as we entered the forest. Harry began to run, but we only got a few feet before I was ripped violently from his arms. I tumbled through the grass and winced as a tree blocked my path.

“Harry?” I tried to raise my head, but the forest began to spin.

I heard Harry grunt in pain and I turned my head slightly to see Danny pinning him to the ground.

“She’s mine!” Danny yelled in his face.

Harry hissed and threw Danny off before slamming him into a nearby tree.

“Stay away from her,” Harry’s voice was low and dangerous.

Danny merely laughed and threw his head back before howling.

“What is he doing?” Liam appeared by my side and lifted me up.

“Calling the pack,” Evelyn sounded worried. “We need to go.”

“We can’t,” Niall sighed. “They’re already here.”

The forms of 7 huge wolves appeared from nowhere, forming a protective mass behind Danny. Everyone else took a step back, and Liam passed me over to Harry.

“Just hand her over now,” said Danny. “And we’ll kill you quickly.”

“Not a chance,” Evelyn glared.

“Suit yourself,” Danny snapped his fingers, and the wolves attacked.

It was a major blur, but I briefly saw Niall take on two while Liam handled another and Harry kept even more away from a meditating Evelyn. A few went down, clutching their heads and crying out in pain.

Harry tore through 3 of them as they attacked, and it looked as if we were winning.

Until I saw Evelyn move away from Harry, trying to attack more. She suddenly locked eyes with me, looking more frightened than I’d ever seen her before.

“Behind you!” she screamed.

I felt the immense pain before I saw Danny’s figure looming over me, a stake sticking out of my chest.

“I’ve only just missed your heart,” he purred. “You have 5 minutes to pull it out before it punctures something and kills you.”

I wheezed and pulled helplessly at the buried wood, crying pitifully as my blood made the instrument slippery to the touch. I noticed all of my family preoccupied with other werewolves; except for Evelyn.

She ran towards me, tears running down her cheeks, but only made it halfway.

Danny met her just before she could reach me and produced another stake, plunging it into her stomach.

My cry of distress was lost in the blood building in my mouth. I rolled over and spit before calling, “HARRY!”

He cleanly sliced another head off before turning around and shouting at the state of his family. Evelyn was sinking to the ground, eyes wide with shock and begging for help while Danny laughed.

He was too distracted to notice Harry.

He shot foreward and shoved a hand inside Danny’s chest, smirking at him evily before tearing out a large red and pulsating organ.

Danny’s heart.

Danny fell to his knees, eyes immediately blank, and collapsed at Harry’s feet.

Dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)