Chapter 1

Yay! A new update! :) I'm dedicating this chapter to @1D-jollygood because she is one of the nicest people to ever message me on Wattpad......she is an incredibly talented writer and I highly recommend you go check out her stories! She is AMAZING :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter! (Sorry for any typos!)

AND YES! The new characters are from the band McFly :)

Song: Love Can Wait by Cameron Mitchell 

~Carly <3

Harry’s POV

We didn’t meet our new neighbors until the next afternoon. Anna and I were freshly showered and dressed, downing coffee for our hangovers when the doorbell rang. She skipped over to the foyer before unlocking the latch and pulling the door open.

There were two men accompanied by a young woman. One of the men had short, styled brown hair with piercing blue eyes and freckles dusting across his cheekbones. The other had quiffed dirty blond hair and brown eyes. The woman was holding hands with the blond one, her wavy brown hair falling across her shoulders and into her brown eyes. Both men were tall and muscular, looking as if they spent time in the gym.

“Hello!” Anna said brightly. “Can I help you?”

The brown haired man smiled. “I’m Danny; this is Tom and Giovanna. We’re your neighbors in the flat downstairs.”

“Wait,” I cut in, picking up his British accent. “You’re not from New York.”

“Neither are you,” he smiled. “I think we’ll get along well.”

Two hours later found the three of us guys sitting in the living room, discussing the latest football match. Anna was drinking tea in the kitchen with Giovanna, their giggling and cheerful voices carrying to where we sat.

“So, how long have you lot lived here?” I asked.

“About 5 years,” answered Tom. “Danny and I own a music store and Giovanna is a journalist.”

“Why did you and Anna come to America?” asked Danny.

“Well, uh, Anna’s Dad lives in London and we wanted to explore the world,” I said.

“Have you heard about the myths of New York City?” asked Giovanna as she stepped into the room with Anna on her heels.

“We read about it a little, but what are they exactly?” asked Anna.

Giovanna perched herself on Tom’s lap and giggled slightly. “They’re not true of course; people just like to tell them to earn a good scare. But basically, New York City is rumored to be filled with tons of mythical creatures like werewolves and witches.”

“Why New York?” I asked.

“Supposedly they came over during the huge waves of immigration,” said Tom.

“Do you believe in it?” asked Anna.

“Of course not. They’re made up, right?” Danny smirked.

*-----------------*

Annabelle’s POV

After everyone left, Harry and I decided to take our first hunting trip through New York City in the moonlight. We strolled hand in hand through the bustling city a few minutes before taking off into the back alleyways. It only took me 10 seconds to find a teenage boy so drunk that he could barely stand. I held him up by the shoulders before sinking my fangs into his neck. I angled it perfectly so that I pierced the veins without making a huge mess.

The crimson liquid flowed down my throat and I sighed in pure bliss. I felt a presence beside me and only looked up for a milisecond to see Harry latched on to the other side of his neck. We pulled away as his heartbeat started to weaken and I sat him on the ground gently.

Harry turned to stare at me, his eyes sparkling from the side effects of the fresh blood. His large hands wrapped around my hips and pulled my body to his as he kissed me deeply. As his tongue swiped over my lips, a faint tast of blood met my tastebuds.

Suddenly, I was being ripped away from Harry, my back connecting sharply with the brick wall behind me. I felt the wind knock right out of my lungs and I coughed violently.

“What the hell?!” I heard Harry yell.

The man had me against the brick wall, his hand pressing against my throat to eliminate oxygen flow. My eyes widened as I spotted a familiar head of blond hair.

Tom.

He leaned in towards me, fangs bared before Harry finally ripped him away.

“Tom!” I sputtered. “It’s me, Anna! And Harry!”

“Anna?” he pulled off his hood and stared at me in shock. “You’re a vampire?”

“Yeah,” I coughed. “So is Harry.”

“Sorry,” he looked extremely guilty while helping me up. “I’m dying for a bite to eat.”

“So, you’re a vampire too?” Harry smirked. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“You didn’t tell me,” he defended.

“I thought there was something weird about you,” Harry chuckled. “I just didn’t want to bring it up if I was wrong.”

“Is Danny one too?” I asked curiously.

Tom looked wary. “Not exactly. I’ve got to go, but ask him to explain it later.”

*-------------------------------------*

We were only a block from our flat when we heard the cries for help. Harry and I ducked into the alley they were coming from and found a woman sitting in the shadows, cradling a baby in her right arm.

“Help me!” she choked.

That’s when I smelled the blood.

Lots of it.

“What happened?” I asked, crouching next to her form.

“I’m bleeding quite badly,” she gasped. “From my stomach.”

I took the baby from her arms as Harry crouched in front of her.

“Hey, it’s okay,” he murmured as she sobbed. “We’ll help you.”

Harry bit his own wrist, bringing it towards her mouth. She grabbed it just before his blood touched her lips.

“No!” she pleaded. “That won’t help me!”

She knows what we are?

“But what can we do?” I asked shakily, staring at the gushing wound in her abdomen.

“Promise me something,” she gasped, her eyes started to flutter closed.

“Anything,” Harry whispered.

“Take care of my baby,” she said.

Before we could reply, she pulled the locket off her neck and placed it in my free hand.

“Protect her,” she whispered fiercely.

“W-we will,” I stuttered, fear filling ever fiber of my being.

The woman’s eyes became glazed over, her pupils staring at nothing over our heads.

What just happened?

As we stood up, I was suddenly very aware of the tiny being in my arms.

“Harry,” I said warily.

“Yeah?” he murmured, staring at the tiny creature.

“We’re parents.”

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)