Chapter 5

Guys, I am really enjoying writing this story! Please let me know what you think, and if I should continue writing it! I hope everyone's day is amazing :) Sorry for any typos! 

Song: Anyone Else by Matt Cardle

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

Just before I shut the bathroom door, I called back to Harry.

“Do you have any sweats I can borrow?”

“Of course!” I heard him disappear momentarily. “Here you go.”

He handed me a pair of sweatpants and a Ramone’s t-shirt before retuening back to the living room.

The hot shower calmed my nerves and relaxed the tense muscles in my back. After I stepped out and pulled on the sweats, I pulled a brush through my hair and pulled it up into a bun with a rubberband Harry had found for me.

When I emerged into the main room, the smell of hot coffee met my nose and I smiled slightly. My bare feet stepped onto the cool tile of the kitchen and spotted Harry standing at the stove, humming as he poured me and himself large mug.

“It smells amazing,” I thought aloud.

He chuckled and turned around, his green eyes sparkling. “Coffee always makes me feel better.”

He handed me the mug and as our hands touched, I tried to ignore the shock of electricity through our skin. He smirked at me as if thinking the same thing. We retired to the large, comfy couch where the TV was humming quietly in the peaceful darkness. We sipped our coffee in silence for a few minutes before he finally spoke.

“So, what happened?”

I took a shakey breath as I set my coffee on the small table in front of us.

“My Dad was having a small get together with his friends tonight. One of them has always made me a bit uncomfortable and I asked my Dad to make him leave,” I said.

“That’s it?” he asked.

“No, uh, well I was heading back to my room and he cornered me and uh……”

I saw Harry’s expression darken as he caught on to where this was going.

“I’ll kill him,” he declared, standing up.

I grabbed him by the shoulders and set him back down.

“No! Don’t do that!” I begged. “My father stopped him before anything really happened but he did get a good slap on my cheek.”

“It did look bruised for a while there,” he said, his fingertips stroking across my cheek thoughtfully.

“Thank goodness they stopped him before he got my dress all the way off,” I admitted. “I feel invaded enough as it is.”

Harry looked at me sadly and moved forward until our foreheads were touching.

“I promise, I would never hurt you like that,” he said. “And, if I ever meet the guy, I might not be able to restrain myself from ripping his head off.”

I giggled at his statement before I realized he was deadly serious. My eyes widened and I suddenly realized how close our mouths were. I pulled away slightly and cleared my throat.

“Well, thank you so much for the coffee and support,” I said. “I should probably get home.”

After changing back into my dress and hugging Harry goodbye, I ran home. I ignored my father’s and Niall’s voices as I entered the castle and locked myself in my room.