Chapter 7

I AM SO SORRY I'VE TAKEN SO LONG TO UPDATE! I AM THE WORST AUTHOR EVER! But seriously, thank you all for being so patient and the best fans ever. I'm sorry this chapter is a bit of a filler but the next few will be more exciting! 

DISNEY WAS AMAZING! I will never forget that trip with my best friend :)

STAY BEAUTIFUL MY LOVELIES! (Is that creepy?)

Song: Old Pine by Ben Howard

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

6 years later………………….

“Evelyn!” I called from the kitchen. “Dinner time!”

The small yet feisty 6 year old bounded down the stairs and took her seat at the wooden table, Harry entering to sit next to her.

After receiving many threats from Danny and his pack, we packed up quickly and moved during the night to a roomy cottage in the peaceful forests of Scotland. Liam and Niall traveled back to London after we moved to give us space, and we haven’t heard a peep out of Danny ever since we escaped.

I set a plate of food in front of Evie before taking the seat next to Harry.

“I lost another tooth Mommy,” Evelyn smiled, showing her now missing two front teeth.

It was absolutely adorable.

“Your big girl teeth will grow in before you know it,” I giggled.

I felt Harry’s hand rest on my knee under the table as he chuckled at our adorable daughter. Evelyn now had dark brown, wavy hair going past her shoulders, and crystal blue eyes that were impossible to say no to.

Evelyn ate her food in record time before jumping off her chair and hugging Harry.

“Can I go outside and play? Please?” she begged.

Harry looked at me helplessly.

“Go ahead honey,” I smiled. “Just don’t use any magic.”

“Okay mommy!” she sprinted towards the front door before disappearing into the woods.

After Evie was old enough, we experimented with her powers and found that she had amazing talent already. However, she sometimes couldn’t control it. After nearly setting the forest on fire 3 times, we had to have a talk about using her powers when we weren’t around. She loves to play by herself though, since she discovered that any type of animal adores her and isn’t afraid to go near her. I guess it’s a witch thing.

“You think she’ll be okay?” I asked, peering though the front windows.

Harry stood out of his chair and kneeled until he could brush his lips against the shell of my ear.

“She’ll be fine,” he whispered. “She can protect herself.”

“I know,” I sighed. “I still worry about her though.”

“You’re aloud to,” his arms pulled me out of my chair. “You are her mother, after all.”

Harry’s large hands went to my shoulders before rubbing them soothingly. I made a noise of approval before turning to face him.

“How are you so calm all the time?” I asked.

Harry simply threw his head back and laughed before walking towards the living room.

“Wait!” I ran after him. “What’s your secret?”

*------------------------------------------*

After a few hours of letting Evelyn play outside, I decided to go out and look for her.

“Evie!” I called, stepping into her favorite clearing. “Where are you?”

The familiar flowers swayed in the light breeze and I smiled at the beauty of nature around me. The smile was soon wiped off my face as I spotted Evie standing beside the fallen body of a man.

“Evelyn!” I called. “Who is that? Get away from him!”

She quickly ran to stand behind my legs, her small hands latching onto my jeans. Harry appeared by my side in an instant, frowning at the unconcious man.

“A werewolf,” Harry announced. “I can smell it in his blood.”

“Get him inside,” I said darkly.

*----------------------------------*

“WHO SENT YOU?” Harry yelled for the 3rd time.

The man smirked and squirmed under the chains keeping him to the chair in our basement.

“Why would I tell you?” he scoffed. “I’m on a mission that I have to complete.”

“Not if I kill you first,” Harry glared at him.

I placed a gentle hand on Harry’s arm. “Calm down babe; let me talk to him.”

Harry sent the man one last glare before leaving the basement.

“Listen dog,” I hissed, getting in his face. “Tell me why you tried to attack my daughter before I snap your neck.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” he sneered.

“Oh yeah?” I smiled, reaching behind me for the wolfsbane.

I grabbed the small, purple plant and swiped it across one side of his face. He hissed in pain as the skin bubbled and turned red.

“Believe me now?” I asked.

“Fine,” he snarled. “I was sent to find you.”

“Me?” I asked. “Why?”

“The alpha of my pack,” he huffed as I brought the herb close to his face. “He’s looking for you.”

“Why?” fear started to fill my body.

“Danny misses his soul mate,” the man chuckled.

“I’m not his soul mate,” I fumed.

“You will be when he finds you,” he smirked.

 My hands moved in one swift motion, the snap of his neck echoing in the small basement.

“I guess he won’t find me then,” I whispered.

I quickly unchained the man before picking up his lifeless body and carrying him up the stairs.

Harry gave me a grim look as I appeared at the top of the stairs. “We have to leave; don’t we?”

“I think so,” I frowned.

Harry punched the wall, the plaster cracking and the house quivering slightly.

“Why does Danny have to ruin everything?” he snarled.

I dropped the man and went up to Harry to wrap my arms around him. “It’s okay Harry.”

“No it’s not,” he dropped his head on my shoulder. “We should be able to live where ever we want. Do whatever we want. And now we can’t because of him!”

I grabbed Harry’s face between my hands and kissed him gently. “Let’s go pack.”

“Okay,” he sighed. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)