Chapter 4

Yay! A long chapter update! I hope you all are enjoying this story, and I promise it will get even better in the next few chapters! Sorry for any typos! :) 

Song: Still the One by One Direction

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

Melissa was putting the finishing touches on my freshly curled hair when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

“Are you decent?” my father’s voice rang out.

“Yeah,” I laughed. “Come on in!”

Liam stepped warily into the room with a black dress bag in his hand.

“I know it’s a day late, but I got you this dress for your Birthday,” he said with a smile.

I jumped up and hugged him. “Thanks Dad; I love it.”

“You haven’t even seen it yet,” he chuckled.

“I’m sure it’s gorgeous,” I grinned. “Now get out! I need to change.”

I pushed him by the shoudlers until he was standing back outside my door, pouting at me.

“See you in a few!” I called.

As I unzipped the bag, my breath caught in my throat. “Holy…..”

I heard Melissa gasp from beside me as she snuck a glimpse at it. (Picture link on side>>>>)

The dress was a deep red color with black lace laying over it. The lace came up to cover part of my neck and shoulders and the form was tight until my waist and then flowed out slightly. The whole dress went to just above my knee.

“I love it,” I breathed.

Melissa helped me into it and laced up the back for me until it was a perfect fit. I turned towards the mirror and grinned. It was perfect.

As soon as I had on my black wedges and jewelry, I ran down to my father’s office to find him. As soon as I burst through the door, I noticed he had company.

“Oh, I’m sorry father,” I apologized. “I wasn’t aware we had guests.”

“Nonsense! Come on in,” he said. “Do you like the dress?”

“I love it!” I gushed, striding to him to give a hug.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered. “You’re getting so grown up.”

“You really do look beautiful,” said a new voice.

I turned towards the voice and my stomach dropped as I spotted his face.

Josh Devine.

“Hello Anna,” he greeted. “It’s nice to see you again.”

“Please,” I said coldly, shaking his hand. “Call me Annabelle.”

He smirked evily at me before turning to my father. “I should go find my seat. It was nice talking to you Liam.”

“You as well, Josh,” my father said warmly.

Josh Devine has been a friend of my father’s for over a hundred years, but he’s two-faced. His brown hair and golden eyes draw girls in, but he’s a pig. He’s been flirting with me ever since I turned 16 and he insists we will be married one day. I haven’t told my father, but he always touches me in uncomfortable ways whenever no one’s looking. No number of yelling or threats will make him back off.

“What was that?” asked my father, glaring slightly.

“I’m just not his biggest fan dad,” I admitted.

“Why?” he asked. “Why have you always been like this towards him?”

I took a deep breath and rushed my sentence. “He creeps me out. Can you ask him to leave?”

“Ask him to leave?” my father asked incredulously. “I can’t do that! He’s one of my best friends!”

“Please Dad?” I practically begged. “I don’t feel safe around him.”

My father’s eyes softened. “Oh Anna; there’s nothing to be afraid of.”

“But Dad-”

“End of discussion,” he cut me off with a sharp look and strode out of his office.

All throughout dinner, I felt Josh’s eyes burning a hole into the side of my head. I stared at my soup and didn’t look up once. The only noise around me was the sound of about 20 vampires chatting about this and that. At one point, I felt Niall’s hand on my thigh.

“Are you okay?” his blue eyes looked worried.

“I’m fine,” I lied. “Just tired.”

“Well, you look gorgeous,” Niall grinned.

“Thanks,” my nerves calmed a bit.

As the councils and their families moved to the sitting room for drinks, I excused myself and strolled slowly to my room, my wedges clicking slightly on the stone floor. As I was passing in front of the library, a set of hands grabbed me and pulled me back roughly by the shoulders. A hand was roughly shoved on my mouth as I plunged into the dark room and was slammed to the wall. As I struggled, I noticed how strong the other person was. They had to be an old vampire if they were stronger that me.

“Stop moving and this won’t be painful,” a voice hissed.

My eyes widened.

Josh.

His hands moved from my mouth to undo the laces on the back of my dress. I took the opportunity to scream my lungs out.

“Shut up!” he spat. I felt a sharp pain in my cheek that had me turning my head.

He slapped me.

His hands finally undid the laces and he started pulling the top of my dress down when the door flung open and the room was flooded with light. Josh’s weight disappered from on top of me and he flew across the room as a fist connected with his jaw; my father’s.

He stood there seething while Niall moved towards Josh. Niall grabbed him by the collar before punching him again in the jaw. We heard a sickening crack as his jaw bone split.

“You disgust me,” Niall spat.

Josh collapsed on the floor, unconcious. My dad turned to me and his eyes watered.

“AnnaBear, I’m so sorry,” he reached for me.

I jerked away as my own tears started to flow. “No! I told you I felt unsafe and you didn’t listen!”

Before anyone could stop me, I flashed out of the castle and towards the busy city of London. As I ran, my hands tried to tie my dress slightly around my neck to hold it up. Sooner than I expected, I arrived in the familiar alley where Harry and I usually meet. The dark parthway was flooded with clear moonlight and I slid down the brick wall, my knees hugged to my chest. Sobs wracked through my body and I suddenly felt overwhelmingly disgusted. My skin was still crawling from Josh’s touch.

“Is anyone here?” I heard a familiar voice called.

I merely sniffled in response.

“Anna?” I heard Harry’s voice call out in alarm.

He was by my side in a flash, his green eyes staring worriedly into mine. “What happened to your cheek? And your dress?”

I shook my head before burying it into my arms. Suddenly, his strong arms picked me up and cradled me to his chest.

He started running. We soon arrived at an apartment complex where he unlocked the door and carried me through. Harry disappeared for a moment before returning with a towel.

“The bathroom is down the hall and to the left. Take a nice, hot shower and then we’ll talk.”

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)