Chapter 2

So, here's the second update in two days! I'm not sure if any of you are enjoying this, so let me know! :) I'm very sorry for any typos; my computer is being difficult. Oh and it might be a couple days before my next update because I'm heading to North Carolina for Thanksgiving! :D

Song: Higher by The Saturdays 

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

It was 11 o’clock by the time my father began to yawn.

“You tired Dad?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he rubbed his eyes. “There’s been a lot of council meetings lately.”

I sent my father a sympathetic glance. He works way too hard.

“Why don’t you turn in early?” I suggested.

He nodded and stood up. “That’s probably a good idea.”

After Liam stood up and stretched his back, he leaned down and kissed my forehead. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Goodnight Daddy,” I said as he disappeared out the office door.

I waited until my ears picked up the shutting and locking of his bedroom door before I ventured to my own. I pulled out my Burberry coat, combat boots, and scarf to keep myself warm. (Link to Outfit on side>>>>) 

This is my nightly routine.

Ever since the raid of our castle, my father insists on keeping me locked up here so that the public won’t know what I look like. He thinks this will protect me more. Instead of hunting, I have to drink from blood bags while my father gets to come and go as he pleases. I know he means well, but I’m going out of my mind by the end of the day.

I sneak out every night to go hunting.

But, sometimes I just go to pubs to experience a normal night out.

I never talk to anyone, but it’s fascinating to see humans interact.

Stepping out of my room, I stealthily crept down the hallway until I was standing by the cellar door. I pulled it open silently before plunging into the cold darkness. My feet carried me confidently across the pitch-black room until I came to another door.

The secret exit.

I unlocked the doors before climbing out into the midnight forest. The scent of rain and moss intantly met my nose, making me smile as the rain sprinkled lightly onto my wool coat.

My boot covered feet flew across miles of forest floor, branches whipping all around me as I effortlessly avoided them, my acute senses picking up the movement of the tiniest creatures. In only a matter of minutes, I was standing in a park merely yards from the beginning of downtown London. Loud honks and the chatter of night life filled my ears as I slipped though crowds of people on the streets. Cabs flew past me on the streets and the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus caused a giggle to escape my lips.

I could swear I felt someone watching me.

I spun around in search of the stalker, but the rest of the town was in motion while I stood still. Hmm, that was weird.

I shook off the uneasy feeling before picking a new pub and setting off towards it. I ordered a beer after compelling the bartender and sat in a secluded booth while sipping on it thoughtfully. My eyes scanned the packed room and caught sight of the many couples happily chatting or full on snogging.

Somewhere deep in my chest swelled with longing.

I want that.

A real relationship.

Without secrets, lying, or fear.

I wish my life could be the same.

My father has never discussed my future with me before. He’s so focused on the here and now that he doesn’t remember I’m becoming an adult……well, emotionally.

Before I could wallow in more self-pity, a man sat himself across from me.

“Hello….” I said uncertainly.

“Hi,” he greeted. “I’m Harry Styles.”

Holy crap his voice is deep. And his green eyes……..

Snap out of it.

“And what do you want; Harry Styles?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“I couldn’t let a gorgeous woman sit here all by herself,” he said.

Smooth, very smooth.

“Well, that’s very kind,” I said, standing up and fixing my scarf. “But I must be on my way.”

Before the man could protest, I turned around and exited through the back door. I got a few streets down before I felt a presence behind me.

Someone’s following me.

I side-stepped into an alley and quickened my pace, trying to shake the follower. I heard the footsteps pick up in their pace too and heard the person jump.

I turned around just in time to catch the figure and slam them into the brick wall, my hand forcefully cutting off their windpipe. In my anger, my eyes turned slightly red and dark veins spread among my cheeks. When I finally saw who it was, I dropped them immediately.

“Harry?!” I hissed. “Why the hell are you following me?”

Harry bent foreward and coughed loudly while rubbing his throat.

“Damn,” he wheezed. “You’re strong.”

I grabbed his arm and twisted him into a trapped position against the wall. “Answer the question!”

“Okay okay!” he cried. “I followed you all night because I thought you would be my next meal. I didn’t know you were a vampire.”

“Wait,” I paused. “You’re a vampire too?”

“Of course,” he said into the wall. “If you had grabbed a human’s throat like that, they would be dead.”

I released him and blushed with embarassment. “Sorry!”

“It’s alright,” he assured. “I don’t mind a little excitement.”

“Can we just start over?” I asked.

Harry’s green eyes sparkled with amusement and he held out his hand.

“Harry Styles,” he murmured.

“I’m Anna,” I returned.

“Do I get a last name, Anna?” he wondered aloud.

“That’s all you get for tonight,” I smiled.

“So I’ll see you again?” he asked, surprised.

“Meet me here tomorrow, 12 o’clock.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)