Chapter 8

Gahhh I know I'm the worst author! I've been so busy getting ready for spring break and I deeply apologize for the lack of updates! :( I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I'm so happy to be done with school for a week :)

Song: Better Dig Two by The Band Perry

~Carly <3

7 years later……………………..

Annabelle’s POV

As soon as the drunk man stumbled out of the bar, I knew he would be my next meal. His clumsy feet carried him down the alleyway and towards his car, but he would never make it in time. I quickly slammed him to the wall as he reached the door handle.

“W-who are you?” he stuttered.

I smiled sadly and locked eyes with him. “Nothing to be afraid of; just don’t scream.”

Once he was in a trance, I sunk my fangs greedily into his neck. The warm blood spilled down my throat and I sighed in relief.

“Anna?” I heard a voice from behind me.

I spun around in surprise. Now that we live in California, you don’t hear British accents that often.

“Tom?” my eyes scanned over his familiar form. “I can’t believe this!”

We ran forward and hugged each other tightly. “It’s really you.”

“What happened?” I asked, pulling away. “Is Danny with you?”

Tom’s expression fell, his eyes filling with rage. “I got away from him not too soon after you left.”

“Why?” I asked. “You’re best friends.”

“We were best friends,” he spat. “Not anymore.”

“What did he do?” I asked worriedly.  

Tom sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Danny came to our flat in a rage after you disappeared. He called me a traitor and that I knew where you were hiding. I tried to convince him I didn’t know anything, but he didn’t believe me. Danny got to Giovanna while she was at the market one day; he attacked her without a single witness.”

“No!” I gasped. “Is she okay?”

“I found her,” he whispered. “She was nearly torn to shreds; I did the only thing that came to mind.”

“You turned her,” I said gravely.

“I couldn’t lose her,” he sniffed.

I hugged Tom again, burying my face in his neck. “Of course you couldn’t; it’s okay.”

“Next time I see Danny, I’m going to kill him,” he murmured.

“I’ll help,” I muttered dryly.

After explaining everything to Tom, he immediately agreed to bring Giovanna to our house tomorrow for dinner. We parted ways with another hug, and I walked home in a peaceful daze. I missed my friends a lot; it will be good to have them back.

Since we escaped from Ireland, we’ve been living in an up and coming neighborhood in LA. Our house is trendy and right in the middle of everything. We haven’t seen or heard from any of Danny’s men since we left, and we’re hoping to keep it that way. Evelyn is going to be 14 soon, and I can’t believe how fast she’s growing up. Her brown hair is now cascading down to her elbows, and her eyes are a gorgeous blue with flecks of green. Harry fears the day when a boy catches her eye. Niall and Liam are coming to visit us soon, and it will be our first time seeing them in about 2 years.