Chapter 9

Ehhhhh I'm so sorry this is a bit of a filler! The next chapter will be much more exciting, but I wanted to have a relaxed middle chapter. I'm dedicating this to @JennyNava because she's absolutely lovely and  I highly recommend going to check out her stories! :) Sorry for any typos!

Song: Done. by The Band Perry 

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

My blood ran cold as all eyes in the room turned to me.

“Are you sure Evie?” my voice shook slightly.

“Tell us exactly what happened,” Niall sat on her other side.

“I was a few years older judging by my hair length, and we were in the woods. Mom was trying to protect me from Danny’s pack, but before I could warn her, Danny shot her in the back with a stake,” Evelyn sobbed, clutching my arm.

“Hey,” I shushed her. “It’s okay; I’m not going anywhere.”

I held Evelyn tightly and rocked her back and forth until her breathing evened out and she fell asleep. Niall took her easily from my arms and carried her up to bed.

“What do you think it means?” Harry asked.

“Well she said it will be a few years from now. All we can do is protect her and stay away from Danny,” I shrugged.

“What about you?” Liam asked. “We’re not going to let you die.”

“If it’s between Evelyn and I, you better let me die,” I said firmly.

Harry stood up suddenly and stalked angrily around the room. “We’re not letting either of you die dammit!”

“Harry!” I stood up and stopped his movement. “Calm down. We don’t need to talk about this right now.”

His shoulders slumped. “Fine.”

*-------------*

As I climbed into bed that night, Harry turned so that his back was to me. I frowned before scooting closer to him.

I heard him sniffle.

“Are you crying?” my eyes widened.

“No,” he mumbled into the pillow.

I used all of my strength to pull Harry’s shoulder down so he was lying on his back. I quickly straddled him and pinned his arms down. My heart broke as I noticed the tears rolling down his face.

“What’s wrong honey?” I whispered.

He sniffed again, his green orbs looking anywhere but me. “I don’t want you to die.”

I smiled slightly before tucking a curl behind his ear. “I’m not going anywhere. Evelyn will warn me when her vision starts to actually happen. We’ll change the future.”

“Really?” he asked quietly.

“Of course. It’s also not for a few years. There’s no point in worrying about it now,” I added.

Harry sighed before rolling over and tucking me under his body. He linked his fingers with mine and kissed my forehead before burying his face in my neck.

“I love you,” he mumbled.

“I love you too.”

*------------*

To get everyone’s mind off of Evelyn’s crisis yesterday, we decided to take a trip to the beach today. After getting everything loaded into the car, we found a spot at th beach and set up our towels. Whenever we go out as a family now, Harry and I have to claim that we’re brother and sister to Evelyn. After all, she’s nearly 14 and we’re only 18. There’s no way we could be her parents.

Niall and Liam  started out on their towels to enjoy the sun while Evelyn, Harry, and I went into the ocean. Evelyn walked around in the shallow end to look for shells while Harry and I went deeper to swim.

Harry’s arms suddenly were around my waist, dragging me under the blue water and I gasped in surprise. While underwater, I opened my eyes and found Harry staring at me. Since vampires don’t have to breathe, I pecked him on the lips before swimming away even deeper into the dark ocean.

Later on, Evelyn wanted to swim by herself while Harry and I waded in the shallow end.

“Let me come with you!” I said.

“Mom,” she rolled her eyes. “I’m not 5 years old!”

“Fine,” I put my hands up. “Just be careful.”

“Okay mom,” she sighed.

I noticed many of the girls on the beach staring at Harry as he trailed his fingers up my arm, his warm breath on my neck.

“What are you staring at?” he whispered.

“All of those girls are wondering why you’re with someone boring like me,” I sighed.

“Boring?” he chuckled. “Anna, after all we’ve been through, you’re anything but boring.”

I huffed in annoyance.

“You’re jealous,” he murmured against my lips. “Don’t be.”

“Dad!” I heard Evelyn call.

Harry looked over at our daughter swimming in the deeper end and smiled. “Good job!”

Just as Evelyn smiled, a huge wave splashed over her head, submerging her in the water.

“Evelyn!” I yelled, detangling myself from Harry and swimming after her.

I felt Harry’s presense behind me as we swam towards her limp body. Harry grabbed her quickly and took off again towards shore. As he laid her on the sand, a lifeguard came to meet us.

“Give her some space,” he ordered.

My blood ran cold as I noticed how blue Evelyn’s lips were.

As the lifeguard tried CPR, Niall and Liam stood beside us and waited nervously. The lifeguard tried a third set of compressions, but she still wasn’t responding.

“Step back,” I said firmly.

“But ma’am,” he started.

“Now!” I ordered.

I kneeled beside Evelyn’s still body. “I’m sorry.”

My hand came down hard, whacking her chest with force. She started coughing, water pouring out of her mouth.

“Oh thank goodness,” I heard Niall breathe.

I sat Evelyn up while rubbing her back, her coughing getting softer.

“Don’t scare me like that again.”

*------------------------------*

Tom and Giovanna still came over for dinner, bringing a homemade chocolate cake with them. After hearing about Evelyn’s ordeal, they understood why she stayed in her room to rest.

“We almost lost her,” I sighed, rubbing my face.

“You’re lucky your wife knows what to do,” Tom nudged Harry.

“I sure am,” he smiled at me.

“Gi,” I hugged her. “I’m so glad you’re okay too. Tom told me about Danny.”

She shivered slightly, leaning into Tom’s form. “I don’t understand what snapped in his mind.”

“Well, he’s in love with Annabelle and she refused him. That’s enough to make some men go crazy,” said Niall.

“I think you two should know, Evelyn had a vision,” Liam told Tom and Giovanna. “Danny will eventually come after us, and we would appreciate your help.”

“Of course,” said Tom. “I owe Danny one.”

I smirked. “We all owe Danny.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)