Book 2

DRUMROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the next book! Woooo!!!!!!!

I hope you all enjoy it, and I apologize for the slightly shorter length, but think of it more as a prologue :) The story had to be set up first :)

Sorry for typos!

Song: I Like That by Before You Exit

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

10 years later…………

“You’re moving?!” my father’s voice crackled through the tiny speakers of my cellphone.

“Yes Dad,” I rolled my eyes. “Harry and I have been married for nearly 9 years now. It’s time we got away.”

“But I put up with you living at his flat!” he pleaded. “Now you’re going to America?”

“I’m sorry,” I sighed. “We just want to experience new things and see new sights. We’re a bit bored here.”

For the past ten years, life has been pretty quiet. Harry and I got married a year after the castle invasion, and now we live at his flat and visit Niall and my Dad twice a week. But, it’s true; we’re extremely bored, so we’ve decided to live in New York City for a while.

“Look Dad, I need to go. I’ll talk to you later,” I hung up quickly.

I closed my eyes in frustration and leaned on the kitchen counter, my head resting in my hands. The kettle on the stove started whistling as the water boiled, but I couldn’t be bothered to turn it off.

A pair of large hands beat me to it and soon a pair of arms were wrapped tightly around my waist from behind. A head rested on my shoulder and I felt warm breathing on my neck.

“Hey,” Harry murmured, rocking us back and forth slightly.

“Hi,” I mumbled. “I told my Dad.”

“I’m guessing he wasn’t too happy?” Harry smirked.

“No,” I pouted before turning around and hugging him back.

My nose buried into Harry’s shoulder and I inhaled his comforting scent while nearly melting into his touch. His fingers rubbed soothing circles into the dip of my spine.

“Listen,” Harry suddenly lifted me up and sat me on the counter. “We don’t have to go to America.”

“Yes we do!” I insisted.

He rested himself in between my legs. “Not if it’s making your Dad so unhappy.”

“We have to go,” I rested my forehead against his. “I want to explore, have an adventure for once in my life.”

“So I wasn’t an adventure?” he chuckled.

“No, not really,” I joked, looking uninterested.

“I’m hurt,” Harry faked a sad expression.

I pecked him on the lips and tried to get to the ground, but Harry stopped me. He hooked his hands around the back of my knees and sharply pulled my body to meet his. Harry connected his lips with mine feverishly and I responded eagerly. I buried my hands in his curly hair and ran the silkly strands through my fingers as Harry kissed down my neck. I moved backwards on the countertop as Harry climbed on top of me, his lips still moving hotly with mine.

Ding-Dong!

“Dammit,” Harry muttered against my lips as we froze.

I giggled and pushed Harry off me before padding towards the front door. I pulled it open to greet a grinning Niall, arms piled high with boxes.

“Who’s ready to start packing?” he asked excitedly.

I giggled. “Thanks for helping us Niall.”

“No problem!” he stepped over the threshold and greeted Harry.

“Let’s get this done,” I said, grabbing the first box.

*--------------------------------*

“You’ll call?” my father asked as he hugged me in the airport.

“Everyday,” I promised.

“Have a safe flight,” he whispered. “I love you.”

“I love you too Dad,” my throat closed up slightly. “Thank you for everything.”

Niall greedily claimed it was his turn for a hug while Harry shook my Father’s hand and thanked him for the past few years.

“Get out of here,” my father smiled tearfully. “You’ll miss your plane.”

Harry and I gave final hugs before setting off towards the gate hand in hand. Once we were settled in our seats, I took a final look at London and smiled sadly.

“I’m going to miss it,” I said quietly.

“Me too,” Harry squeezed my hand.

*-----------------------------------*

My hands shakily turned the key in our apartment door lock as Harry bounced excitedly beside me. The familiar click echoed through the hallway and I pushed open the door nervously. The empty entryway was painted a soft grey color and crown molding ran along the ceiling. Just from the hallway, you could tell that the rest of the apartment would be equally elegant.

“Wow,” Harry breathed beside me.

As we entered the kitchen, we noticed a bottle of wine sitting on the counter with a bow neatly wrapped around it. I picked it up and laughed.

“At least our landlord’s nice,” I smiled.

“We’re drinking this!” Harry announced, looking through our first box for a wine opener.

An hour later found us more than slightly tipsy, the bottle sitting empty on the kitchen counter. Music was blaring from Harry’s iPhone as we skipped around the room, giggling.

Harry’s phone beeped with an alert and I grabbed it before checking the email. Niall had sent us a link to a history website for New York City.

“Harry,” I said warily as my eyes scanned the article. “Come look at this.”

“What is it?” he chuckled drunkenly.

His green orbs peered at the screen and the smile was soon wiped from his face as he took the phone from me.

“New York City, among the superstitious, has been the stomping ground of many creatures that go bump in the night. There have been previous reports of attacks from creatures such as werewolves, vampires, zombies, and even witches. Do you believe in these creatures, or is this just some made up tale to scare children into behaving?”

“Anna,” Harry looked at me worriedly. “You don’t think there could really be…..”

“No,” I cut him off. “Those creatures don’t exist.”

“But we’re vampires,” he said. “Anything’s possible.”

“My Dad would have told me about this,” I insisted. “We’re perfectly safe.”

Harry’s worried expression didn’t waver, but he didn’t say another word about it until we were curled up in bed that night.

“I’ll protect you,” he promised. “Against anything.”

“You won’t need to,” I kissed him reassuringly.

“Let’s hope not,” he agreed.

Little did I know, Harry and I would need a lot more protection than we thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)