Chapter 3

I'm sorry for taking so long! :( I promise the story will start to get very exciting after this! Please excuse any typos! :) 18 DAYS TIL DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Song: Relax by MIKA

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

“What do you mean, not safe?” I asked worriedly.

“Have you run into any other vampires besides Tom since you’ve been here?” asked Danny.

“Well, no we haven’t,” admitted Harry.

“Werewolves are the big dogs, no pun intended, of New York City,” said Danny. “They scared the other vampires and witches out of New York decades ago.”

“So, if they find out we’re here, they’ll come after us?” I asked warily.

“Most likely,” said Danny sadly.

“We’ll be careful then,” Harry stood up to take Evelyn from Danny.

“I have to ask,” I smiled. “Are there zombies in New York?”

“Of course,” Danny chuckled. “But you didn’t hear it from me.”

8 months later…………………………………….

Annabelle’s POV

“Harry!” I yelled from the kitchen. “Niall and Liam will be here in a few minutes!”

“I’m coming!” he called back. “Evelyn wouldn’t keep her socks on!”

I giggled to myself before putting the finishing touches on the plate of cookies waiting for Niall. After finally getting settled and becoming closer to Danny, Tom, and Giovanna, my Dad had insisted on a visit to see his new Granddaughter.

Ding Dong!

Harry bounded into the living room with a squirming Evelyn before handing her to me. In my arms, she stilled and gave me a huge smile, her few teeth showing adorably. Her brown, wavy hair was now just above her shoulders and her eyes were still stunningly blue. We took a collective deep breath as Harry pulled open the front door.

“Annabear!” Niall cheered as he pulled me into a tight hug.

After pulling away, his eyes snapped to Evelyn and he grinned. “Is this Evelyn?”

“It is,” I smiled. “Would you like to hold her?”

Without answering, Niall greedily took her from my arms and began to make funny faces.

“Hey,” a new voice greeted. “Don’t forget about your favorite person.”

“Dad!” I grinned before throwing my arms around his neck.

“Hey Sweetie,” he hugged me closer. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” I said.

“Harry,” Liam shook his hand. “How are you?”

“I’m great,” Harry smiled. “Glad you and Niall could come for a visit.”

“Us too,” he said.

By this time, Niall was playing peek-a-boo on the sofa with a giggling Evelyn.

“Oi, Niall!” Liam called. “You can’t hog my granddaughter!”

Liam strode over before scooping up Evelyn and swinging her around, her pealing laughter filling the flat. I felt Harry’s arm snake around my waist and I smiled slightly.