Chapter 12

Yay! The battle scene! This was super fun but also very tiring to write! I hope you all enjoy it :) Sorry for any typos! 

Song: Sad by Maroon 5

~Carly <3

Harry’s POV

Anna and I sprinted through the corridors until we could hear the unmistakable sound of fighting. I felt someone nudge my elbow and looked over in time for Anna to grab my face and capture my lips in a kiss. I responded immediately and she broke away to whisper in my ear.

“Good luck.”

It was those two words that had us diving into the sea of battling vampires.

I glanced over at Anna nervously but my worry melted away as I saw her take out two vampires while ducking and knocking out their knees. I turned to my own path and faced men I used to lead before ripping their heads off their shoulders. My eyes caught their shocked expressions at my presence just before I ended their lives.

My hands continued to knock down vampires until I found Niall’s bright blond head and stood beside him to fight.

“Harry!” he yelled over the noise with a grin. “Good to see you mate!”

“You too!” I chuckled.

As Niall and I finally cut down the numbers of attacking vampires, I heard a cry of distress from Anna down the hallway.

Niall mirrored my panic. “You go help her! I’ve got this covered.”

I didn’t think twice before taking off towards Anna, the fighting creating a ringing sound in my ears. I found her pinned against the wall, none other than Zayn pressing a stake to her chest and smiling evily.

“So,” he chuckled darkly. “You were the princess all along. I can see why you wouldn’t confess.”

“Zayn!” I called. “What are you doing?”

Anna’s frantic eyes met mine and she silently pleaded with me to help her.

“Harry!” he looked over at me in surprise. “Would you like to do the honors?”

“Sure,” I smirked, reaching for the stake in Zayn’s hand.

“No! Please!” Anna sobbed.

Taking Zayn by surprise, I knocked his feet out from under him and held the stake to his heart.

“You know Zayn, I have a secret,” I smiled. “I’m a traitor.”

“What?! Why?” he cried.

“I fell in love,” I declared before plunging the stake deep into his chest.

He gasped out in pain before slumping down on the floor, the life slowly draining from his eyes.

“Harry,” I heard Anna murmur. “You scared me half to dealth!”

“Sorry,” I whispered. “He had to believe me.”

“Oh no,” she whispered. “Niall and my Dad are cornered. I’ll be right back.”

“I’ll cover you,” I promised.

Anna and I cut through the sea of bodies until she was on the other side of the foyer and I was fighting in the middle. She freed Niall and Liam from the huge vampires trapping them and they returned to the main battle. However, Liam caught sight of me before throwing me against the opposite wall.

“Dad! NO!” I heard Anna scream over the pain in my skull.

Liam ignored her and came up to grab my thoat. “You scum.”