Chapter 11

Wow! I'm so happy with the feedback for this story! Thank you so much everyone :) I'm dedicating this to @Harrysgravy2 since she's been so kind and supportive of my writing! I truely enjoy messaging her and reading her feedback! Also, my best friend @musicfreak4ever and I are going to Disney World together in just 6 weeks! I'm sooooo excited :) (Sorry for any typos!)

Song: Unnatural Selection by Muse

~Carly <3

Annabelle’s POV

I managed to break away from my father after a full hour of discussing our protection against The Rebels. He’s worried out of his mind that they’ll attack any moment, so he wanted to prepare the soldiers he has waiting for his command.

After waiting for Liam to retire to his room for the night, I snuck down to the dungeon. The guard on duty gave me a curious look.

“I’d like a moment alone with the prisoner for a chat,” I demanded.

“About what?” he asked suspiciously.

“He’s trying to kill my family,” I narrowed my eyes. “I want to give him a piece of my mind.”

“But-”

“As your princess I am commanding you to leave!” I yelled.

The guard looked at me, frightened by my unusual tone. “Yes Ma’am.”

He left the dungeon quickly, his footsteps echoing through the stone corridors.

“Harry?” I whispered.

He emerged from the dark corners of his cell with a huge smirk on his face.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“I like you in princess mode,” he grinned. “It’s hot.”

“Shut up,” I blushed before grabbing the cell keys.

As soon as the door was open, Harry had me wrapped tightly in his arms.

“We need to go,” I broke away and grabbed his hand. “Quickly!”

We took off down the hallway towards the cellar where I knew the secret door to sneak out. I pulled open the large, wooden door and shoved Harry outside.

“Go!” I whispered hurriedly. “The guards will be coming soon.”

“Wait!” he grabbed my wrist. “How can I leave when you’ll be in trouble?”

I grabbed Harry’s cheeks before slamming my lips to his.

“I’ll be okay,” I promised as we broke apart. “You go home, and stay there.”

He looked at me with uncertain, but I gave his hand a squeeze before disappearing into the cellar and locking the door. I leaned against it for a moment and tried to compose myself.

“He’s safe,” I whispered. “He’ll be okay.”

“Anna?” I heard Niall call. “Where are you?”

“In the cellar!” I called.

His bright blond hair peeked around the doorframe.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, coming towards me to grip my shoulders.

“I just broke Harry out,” I admitted.

Niall’s eyes widened. “We need to get you to your room so they don’t suspect you.”

“Okay,” I agreed, his hand already tugging me towards the hallway.

It was only after Niall had tucked me in and returned to his own room that the shouts of the guards started.