Ch37 - Joy and Sorrow

He didn’t know who this person was but Song Yu obviously felt Li Zhao and this person’s closeness.

“Hello.” The man on the phone screen was sitting in an office chair with curtains behind him. It was probably because the curtains were pulled too tightly that Song Yu had a breathless feeling. 

“Hello.” Song Yu had been standing casually and he instantly adjusted it to a cautious attitude. He had met this man who recently came to visit the crew. This person had a good relationship with Li Zhao.

“My family’s child has a simple personality. I hope…” The man on the mobile screen paused for a moment. His eyes didn’t change at all but Song Yu inexplicably felt that the eyes of the other person could see through everything. “I hope you get along well.”

Previously in the crew, this friend of Li Zhao didn’t talk to Song Yu but his eyes were normal. Today, he was obviously murderous. Song Yu thought of how Lu Renjia broke the explosive news on Weibo and suddenly understood. He didn’t dare look Yan Ting in the eye and put the skewers in his hand on the table. “Well, if there is anything then I’ll come to you after the New Year break.”

He was really afraid of this look. 

“It’s fine, just wait.” Li Zhao placed his phone in front of him and spoke to Yan Ting. “My colleague brought some skewers. I’m afraid it will go cold. I’ll eat it and then call you.”

“En.” Seeing that Li Zhao’s attention was on the food, Yan Ting nodded slightly.

Li Zhao hung up the video, washed his hands and sat down. He smiled and told Song Yu, “It isn’t good to eat barbecue when it is cold. Come and eat it.”

They weren’t filming tomorrow so Song Yu also brought two cans of cold beer. He opened the tinfoil wrapped around the barbecue and the entire room filled with the smell. Li Zhao didn’t drink beer so he got up to grab the unfinished mineral water from the bedside table and ate happily.

“You aren’t drinking?” Song Yu looked at the lonely, forgotten beer to one side and felt that his heart was like these two cans of beer, cold.

“I won’t drink.” Li Zhao shook his head.

Song Yu looked at Li Zhao and didn’t drink the beer. He also didn’t eat the skewers.

“I’m curious about why you’re helping me. Song Yu remembered how Li Zhao introduced him to his friend. 

Colleagues. It wasn’t close but wasn’t too unfamiliar. That’s all.

Li Zhao pointed right in front of him.

Song Yu wondered, “What do you mean?”

“The midnight snacks are real, the milk tea is real, the cakes are real.” Li Zhao touched his stomach. “You don’t know that when I was poor and hungry, every night I couldn’t sleep from hunger. You sent food and it was life-saving medicine for me.” 

Song Yu, “……”

No, he just wanted to feed this person until Li Zhao was fat.

“It isn’t exploitative.” Li Zhao put the skewer stick into the garbage bag. “You fed me meat and I helped you clarify. There is no problem.”