CHAPTER ONE

THE drive seemed long yet oddly relaxing to Nina, considering they always were in the public eye

THE drive seemed long yet oddly relaxing to Nina, considering they always were in the public eye. This protected her for the time being making her feel less stressed out. Their drive from Florida took about a week making it the longest time frame to not receive a punishment since before her mother died. She secretly enjoyed it but also knew deep down that meant her father would have a pile of unused anger for her next mistake. But she tried to think positively that maybe she wouldn't make one, although she knew it'd probably be inevitable. Her father remained silent most of the drive leaving her to her own thoughts although he'd glare at her here and there. Once they'd reached the state line of Washington he began ranting of his expectations of her while they lived here.

She was to not wander off in the woods or be out of the house when he wasn't home. He expects his dinner prepared like it had been every night in Florida, done before he arrived home but still warm. He also said only to and from school, no where before and no where after. She nodded numbly already knowing the drill she had been taught over the years. She began nervously playing with her hair at the nape of her neck when her finger ran over the fresh scar that had just finished healing. It made her stiffen and just go back to squeezing her hands tightly and biting her lip harshly. "Quit spazzing out." Her father spat in annoyance making her freeze deathly still for the rest of ride.

On the edge of Forks barely in La Push territory stood a  giant fancy looking house that made Nina stare in wonderment. Her father pulled in and immediately went to the movers instructing them on where to place the furniture. Nina slowly exited the fancy Porsche and grabbed her and her fathers belongings from the trunk and began carrying them inside. A younger mover around her age tried taking them from her and smiled at her dashingly but she just shook him off. Using her hair to block his stare she immediately took their belongings to their rooms. She made sure everything was in a specific order just how father likes it, making sure nothing was even a hair out of place. She then wandered with her few belongings to the room down the hall.

The walls were painted a sage green and had a window seat, the floor a dark wood style that made her smile to herself. She found the room to be cute and a bit more her style, her father had made her keep her hot pink walls from her childhood. He claimed she would mess up the paint job and make him have to pay someone to fix it. Not that he didn't have the money he more so didn't like strangers poking around his house..... possibly discovering their dark secret.

She immediately began making her bed neatly before walking to her fathers room and doing the same. He laughed downstairs with the movers and gave them a very generous tip. I quietly walked down the stairs smiling my fake smile used for business hoping my father wouldn't find something wrong with my presence. The movers all seemed so jolly and left smiling, but the second they were out the door my fathers beady dark eyes were on me in a heated glare. "Are the beds made?" He asked and I replied calmly, "Yes father." He looks a bit pleased nodding before looking at me like I'm doing something wrong. "Well aren't you going to go shop for food? Or do I have to do everything myself around here?" He seethed bitterly before walking up to his office to begin setting up his company computer.