CHAPTER EIGHT

NINA  laid there as the sun began too shine too brightly through the blinds making her stretch and freeze

NINA laid there as the sun began too shine too brightly through the blinds making her stretch and freeze. She looked around a bit confused before everything from last night came back to her. She fell into bed with a heavy sigh before turning to see Kim wasn't there. She slowly looked around the room before awkwardly getting up and changing into a set of clothes sat out for her. The clothes would cover the marks and now that winter was approaching its keep her nice and warm. It's November 1st. Nina's Birthday is November 20th...... 19 more days. It didn't feel real that shortly she'd be out of her fathers house and with Kim. There was a lot unknown to her as she was being left in the dark. Kim told her to 'trust the process' and that she would handle everything.

Awkwardly walking out of Kim's bedroom and walking down the stares quietly she walked into the kitchen where loud noises of cooking were being made. Pans slamming water running, and even the cupboards being opened again and again. Walking in with a big smile she expected Kim but froze with her smile falling instantly. A woman that had to be Kim's mom was rushing around the kitchen excitedly. Looking away from the woman she caught sight of Kim and a grown man sitting at the table like they were new to it. Nina's eyes got big as everyone suddenly seemed to notice her presence, Kim looking sorry in advance. "Oh Hello you must be Nina, I'm Janet Kim's mom." She said very chipper in the morning and even came bounding over giving Nina a hug. Her eyes went wide and her body stiffened before Kim's mom let go and rushed to the burning food.

"You can come sit. We were about to send Kimmy up to wake ya. I'm Mathew." Kim's dad said barely looking up from his newspaper. Nina said quiet hellos to Kim's parents sitting down and keeping her eyes locked on the table. Kim nudged her lightly with her knee pointing at her phone before texting something to Nina. 'Sorry about my mom. I haven't had any friends come over since I started dating Jared.' She looked embarrassed making me shake my head that it was fine. As Kim's mom brought over breakfast her eyes went to Nina before looking away in a hurry. Kim's dad finally set his paper down and caught sight of Nina's face which still had the cut on her nose and dark under eyes. "Damn Kim wasn't kidding you got it rough." Mathew said before biting into his bacon. I felt my body go stiff and look at Kim who didn't even look at me. "Yeah sweetie you should take it easy in gym class. It's not the real thing." Janet laughed.

"Yeah I think I'll be taking it easy from now on." Nina mumbled eating the food. It definitely tasted over seasoned but Kim and her father kept complimenting Janet maybe even a little too much. "Uh yeah it's really good." Nina joined in and Janet began blushing and waving a dismissing hand. "Oh I don't cook offers but when I do I put a lot of effort to see those smiling faces." She said sweetly also eating the food. Nina nodded slowly and finished eating, she immediately took her plate to the sink and began washing it when Kim's mom shoed her away. "Oh I got it honey you should probably just go with Kim to school." She smiled brightly as Kim began grabbing my arm and pulling me to her car outside. "They think your staying with us until your dads back from work." Kim said before putting the car into gear and speeding off to school.