CHAPTER NINE

Nina wished she could say that it was the sound of birds and the sunlight that woke her up that morning

Nina wished she could say that it was the sound of birds and the sunlight that woke her up that morning. Instead she woke up startled as cold water had been poured all over her making her shoot up off the warm body she had fallen accidentally asleep on. At first she didn't recognize where she was or the woman in front of her, as her eyes cleared she recognized Sams living room but still not the woman. Sam too had woken up and looked confused at the woman who stood in front of them. "Leah what the hell are you doing here?" He asked a bit aggressively and annoyed as Nina raised a brow never hearing of this girl. "What am I doing? I thought you said there wasn't anyone else? That this was just temporary?" She asked hurt and very angry. Judging by her words in a knew they had romantic past making her awkwardly wrap her arms around herself for comfort.

"Leah I never said it was a break. We weren't meant to be okay? And I only met her a few days ago were just friends." Sam said annoyed and his hand shaking a little. "Oh you sure looked like friends on that couch together. Who the hell even is this? Trash from Forks I take it?" Leah snapped looking at Nina who's face was void of any emotion as she started shutting down emotionally due to the pain she felt. Yes her and Sam were just friends but the fact his ex was here and being so rude she knew it was a recent break. Sam stood up at Leahs words glaring at her which she didn't even back down to like most people would. "Don't call her that. Leah you need to leave and just move on. Why would you come here anyway?" He asked like she was stupid to have came over in the first place. Leah rolled her eyes and took a glance at Nina who looked blankly at her hands. "As your ex-fiancé I think I have a right. More so then some random girl you barely know." Leah sneered making his arms start shaking now.

Nina's heart shattered at the word fiancé. She didn't know why but it physically pained her, maybe it was her crush slowly dieing from the inside out. She numbly pulled her phone out texting her to come get her immediately it was important. Kim thinking Sam spilt the secret was out of her house in minutes. Leah and Sam began yelling back and forth on how they had loved the other once. One saying it's over and one saying they'd never be over. "Leah I'm gonna ask you nicely one more time before I call the cops. Get out." He said deathly serious. Leah scoffed nodding slowly before turning to Nina and sticking a hand out with a fake smile. The fast motion made Nina flinch which didn't go unnoticed by either of the two, Leah would hate to admit it but she felt a bit guilty. Slowly reaching her hand out Nina shook Leahs hand that held on a bit too tight her nails digging in to her skin. "Leah Clearwater, the ex fiancé as you've heard and ... you are?" She asked clearly only wanting a name to bash on the reservation.

"Nina Verro." Nina answered lowly and her eyes glued down to her knee that bounced anxiously before she let go wrapping her arms around herself. She was trying to stop an incoming panic attack and it wasn't working too well. She began praying to some god out there that Kim was close and right on cue the door bust open making Nina sigh in relief but her body still stiff and knee bouncing. Kim ran in not even knocking like she usually would, walking into the living room she took in the scene in front of her before her eyes went to a shit down Nina. "Come on Nina, let's go to school." Kim said softly as Nina nodded slowly but standing quickly and walking out of the room first not even saying goodbye. Kim walked behind her but not before giving Leah a bit of a dirty look and Sam a sad one.