CHAPTER FIVE

HER face became stoic as her eyes went from the parked car to the house a few times before her senses kicked in

HER face became stoic as her eyes went from the parked car to the house a few times before her senses kicked in. She didn't care if she were punished a billion times but she didn't know what her father would do if she had actually brought anyone around. She as hell wasn't going to allow him to even get the chance to hurt Kim. "Uh I gotta go um I'll see you tomorrow." I said in a hurry grabbing my things and rushing to get out of her car. A hand softly laid on my arm and Kim's innocent smile made me blink slowly not processing I was even hyperventilating. "Nina you gotta breathe before you faint or something breathe with me." Kim smiled trying to ease her friends panic but it only heightened it.

She ripped her arm out of Kim's hand and climbed out, she quickly swung her bag on her back as she began walking to the door. A car door slamming shut made her freeze and whip around Kim came jogging up to her with a kind hearted smile making her just wanna slap some urgency in the girl. "You need to leave." She mumbled out wide eyed as Kim's smile slowly fell not understanding what was happening. "I just thought I should meet your parents Nina. Unless there's a reason why I shouldn't?" She asked it like she was so innocent but looking into her eyes it almost seemed like she knew. "There's no reason I'm just- I'm gonna get grounded for being late is all." Nina lied easily but Kim looked unconvinced. "Why are you scared for me to meet them then?" Kim's fake innocent act was gone she stared at me waiting for me to explain myself.

"Well hello? Who's this Nina?" A voice called from behind her making her go completely stiff and her eyes to go to the ground. Her hands trembled as she tightly gripped her bags straps in case she needed some way to protect Kim. Kim's eyes looked confused but she faked the innocent smile once again and waved to my father who walked closer. "I'm Kim Crawford, I go to La Push with Nina. Sorry I wanted to give her ride earlier when it was raining and made her run some errands with me first." Kim said with that award winning smile. My father walked over shaking her hand and introduced himself, the fake business man smile on his face.

"Your the first friend she's brought around here. Would you like to stay for dinner?" He asked but Kim waved her hand looking at her Phone time. "My parents are actually expecting me for our dinner. Maybe another time. See you at school Nina, and have a good night Mr, Verro." She said as she walked back to her car. Once she was out of hearing distance he lowly whispered for only me to here. "You broke the rules. Hey in there. Make Dinner." She knew the punishment would come after he was done eating she mumbled a simple yes father before running inside. She made something quick knowing the longer she took the angrier he'd be. So she made a simple toasted cheese with soup. "Go sit down." He said actually preparing his own plate for once which scared her.

"Nina...... I have tried so hard to make you listen but you always mess it up. Clearly my punishments haven't been productive........ because I haven't been be hard enough on you." He spoke in between bites. She sat across the table from him trembling so bad in her chair and bit her lips to keep the whimpers in. He walked over to what was left of the food and finished it in front of her. She went to stand but he roughly sat her back down by pushing her shoulders down squeezing hard enough to bruise them. "Stay here." He demanded and I knew better then to try and run so I sat trying comprehend what he could be doing. He walked out to the garage getting something making her begin to hyperventilate again but this time no Kim there to make her stop.