CHAPTER ELEVEN

NINA was lucky to have no classes with Chris up until lunch, and even then, he seemed to be sitting with his new friends

NINA was lucky to have no classes with Chris up until lunch, and even then, he seemed to be sitting with his new friends. His friends were actually Quill, Jacob, and Embry. Chris's eyes followed Nina as she walked towards her table, he was smirking to her and even was about to call out to her before his companions began their whispers. Chris looked at the three guys like they were completely insane but still sat with them watching warily. "It looks like it finally sunk in. No doubt blabbermouth Quil had something to do with that." Jared said with relief wrapping a protective arm around Kim. "Better knock on wood. I'd hate for things to get worse, heaven knows Sams already gonna be pissed off about it." Paul sighed knowing Sam would sift through the boys memories later before switching over for their turn to patrol.

Nina decided to ignore the weird mentioning of Sam, the boys never fully explained why his options mattered and neither did Kim. In fact they played it up to be a slip of words or lie about why they said it in the first place. It then went awkward and silent and soon the couple was being mushy gushy like usual. Both Paul and Nina gagged before laughing together, at first she didn't notice how silent Paul went beside her. Staring past her and at someone else Nina slowly turned in her seat to find a blushing Chris with his eyes only on her. "Hey uh- I was just thinking if you didn't have plans later maybe we could-" Chris began rambling before Paul rudely interrupted by slamming his fork down and glaring him down. "She's busy." Paul said annoyed with an edge to his tone. Chris eyes went from Nina who looked away and at the table shy and stiff to an aggravated Paul.

"I don't think I was asking you. Besides..... she's not your girlfriend, so what's the deal?" Chris asked loudly making the cafeteria go silent and watch on with eager eyes as Paul began hugging in his seat tired of this guys mere presence. "She's not interested. She too nice to say it so I will. Get out of here before you regret messing with my friend." Paul seethed through clenched teeth and slight body tremors. Chris began laughing as if he had heard the funniest joke before his eyes fell to Nina. "Just walk away Chris." She mumbled making eye contact briefly before looking to Kim and Jared that also looked upset. "Wow..... I guess I see how it is. Your little group thinking it's all high and mighty, and I'm gonna put a stop to it." Chris whispered harshly before going back to his friends that looked proud of him sticking it to the popular group.

"I need some air." Paul said shaking still as he left the lunch room with Jared following close behind. Kim then looked at me glumly from across the table, "High school huh? Best years of our life!" She cheered in a sarcastic tone. Nina shook her head with a small shy smile, "Guess so..... appears some people didn't get the memo." Nina sighed eating her fruit cup before taking their trays up together. Chris intentionally was there too and staring Nina down but she just avoided eye contact the entire time. He glared her down before Kim blocked his view of her making her sigh and rush back to her seat and away from him. "Are you ready for yet another health lesson in gum later? Like seriously they treat us like we are middle schoolers again." Kim smiles as the two girls began walking to English without the boys who had disappeared. "As long as it's anything but physical education I'm okay with it." Nina laughed and Kim agreed although that just left the boys with extra energy in study hall.