CHAPTER SIX

THE silence between them set an awkwardly tense air about them as Jared seemed to stare at Kim and glance at Nina who looked sickly

THE silence between them set an awkwardly tense air about them as Jared seemed to stare at Kim and glance at Nina who looked sickly. Paul stared at Nina with concern as well she wasn't exactly looking too well and she kept grabbing her stomach for brief moment t before sigh out and wincing. Kim couldn't take her eyes off Nina who kept her eyes locked on Her book she clutched a little too tightly. All their eyes on her made her want to scream for them to stop so she could react to the pain without rising suspicion. Kim's staring annoyed her because she knew she'd be getting a look of pity every time she started wincing. "Are you feeling okay Verro? Your looking pale?" Paul finally mumbled and she felt her body tense before she faked a smile at him. "I'm fine just feeling a little sick is all." She said quietly before going back to her book.

Jareds eyes went from Paul to her showing neither believed her being fine or only feeling a little sick. She looked almost as pale as a leech and it was starting to worry the two boys. Kim's leg was bouncing with anxiety as she watched feeling upset that Nina was in so much pain and couldn't even relieve any treatment to help with it. "So we are just supposed to pretend their wasn't some big mood fest earlier today?" Jared asked trying to be polite but it came out a bit snarky earning him an elbow and angered look from Kim. He immediately looked at her with puppy dog eyes and a pout at being scolded. Paul just snorted, "Dude I told you it's probably just that time of the month or something." Nina felt her eyes shoot to him annoyance and so did Kim's making him raise his hands in surrender.

"I'm just saying it explains why you look so pale too. But hey I'm the bad guy for worrying." Paul scoffed not a bit pissy making Nina sigh. "I said I'm fine guys. I just feel sick alright I'll sleep when I get home." She muttered a bit hotly looking at them all clearly defensive to what the two boys didn't know but Kim caught it and looked down sadly. She knew deep down that Nina probably wouldn't sleep until tonight. Plus what if she had serious injuries from the bruises she didn't get to see fully on her stomach earlier. From what she could see from them was that it was a nasty color but she only caught the side of it. "So you don't want to join us at Sams house tonight?" Jared asked trying to be civil. "I can't. I don't feel well besides..... my dads got things he needs me to do." Nina stated not looking up this time as she flipped another page in her book.

"Doesn't your mom help the man with shit? Seriously why can't you get out more and live a little." Paul snorted harshly and Nina tensed yet again this time just not even looking at them as her hands tightened around her book and her eyes began to feel a little glossy. Kim kicked Paul under the table hitting his knee making him look up from his phone about to say something when she motioned her eyes to Nina. It wasn't subtle and Nina tried to quickly use her hair as a curtain since he was sat right beside her at the circular table. But everyone caught the sad look she wore and were yet again absorbed with silence. Usually Nina hated for school to end but it seemed this day it couldn't come soon enough. But when the bell finally did ring she packed her things in a hurry and began limping to her hallway.