CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

TO Nina monsters were nothing but imaginary beings in made up stories and the cruel soul of a man

TO Nina monsters were nothing but imaginary beings in made up stories and the cruel soul of a man... she called her father.

A woman with red hair and red eyes holds Nina harshly against the tree as she screams out. The woman was unnaturally pale yet beautiful so much so it was a bit unsettling, her perfect features were pulled back in a snarl. It made her beautiful face look more like the monster she truly was.

Nina had no clue what this woman was but her abnormal strength while holding her was surly noted. Her hands held her firmly and also reminded Nina of one's like a statue the way they held her. Something deep in her just felt like she needed to be scared of this woman liek she wasn't really a woman at all.

The bark on the tree behind her had began to dig into her back making her let the tiniest of whimpers out. One of her old scars had opened and had begun bleeding down her back a little. Something so little..... caused the weirdest reaction from the red head pinning her to the tree.

The woman's eyes dilated and she began to smell that small droplet that slowly rolled down her spine. The woman's eyes were abnormally dark with small red pupils surrounding them. Nina didn't know her blood was the cause for the reaction, but it was definitely a look that would haunt her.

The lady's eyes then trail down her slightly exposed neck and she started inching in, more then ready for a quick bite of the young girls neck. She knew the wolves would soon be there ready to chase her away and try to rip her to pieces once again.

But as she presses her lips against the human girls warm olive skin she catches a scent. It makes a growl leave her throat thinking she was being interrupted by the wet smelling mutts. Listening for where they are she comes up empty handed making her arch a perfect eyebrow before looking at the girl.

She could easily tell the girl was only a weak human but she leans her nose into her neck more and the terrible stench makes her want to gag as she pushes away from the girl roughly.

"Those god awful mutts always seem to be ruining a good meal. Shame really. You smelled delicious." The red headed woman whispers eerily at the end before hearing the howl of a wolf pierce the air in the distance making her run away. She was gone within the blink of an eye making Nina clutch her now racing heart at the unknown thing she had faced.

Nina was unaware of the clear werewolf scent that wafted off of her. Being around the guys at school constantly helped but especially after having her morning with Sam, she had been saved by their scents. Nina felt watched once again and hurried to her feet before rushing to the red small house.

The staring didn't feel as scary in fact it gave her a weird sense of comfort.

Nina knocked harshly on the door praying to whatever god was out there someone would be home. She knocked again when she heard a faint yell from inside a man in a wheel chair shortly wheeled his way to the door. He looked at her with confusion but he soon realized who she was. It wasn't like La Push got many new people but she looked freaked out.