Ch47 - Role

Yan Ting: Accompanied the child to watch a movie. He acted well. This circle of friends post still excluded Li Zhao as usual.

He praised the child twice in a day, making the senior officials couldn’t help thinking about what type of intimate relationship there was between Li Zhao and the big boss. 

There was a senior official a few days ago who sent something to his circle of friends, vaguely sneering at those who did public displays of affection. Then he saw his boss showing off the child twice in one day and he silently deleted this.

How could the boss’ behavior be called showing off? It was called being approachable and grounded.

In order to understand the boss’ hobbies, those who were lucky enough to add the boss’ WeChat even went to see Rising Storm. They had high salaries and were busy with work, so they had little time to watch movies. Thus, they suddenly decided to take their families to the movies and this promoted feelings among their relatives.

After coming out from watching the movie, they looked at their happy family and couldn’t help reflecting. Their action of neglecting their family was really wrong. 

On the morning of the second day of the new  year, Li Zhao changed his clothes, took the gifts the housekeeper had prepared for him and dawdled as he went out. He said he had to go but didn’t leave the villa until 9:30.

“Don’t drink coffee and eat on time at noon.”

Yan Ting nodded.

Li Zhao didn’t believe him. “Let the housekeeper uncle record you eating your meal and send a short video to me.”

“Yes.” Yan Ting nodded. “If you don’t leave then you’ll be late.”

The housekeeper smiled at the two people. “Please rest assured, the vehicle and driver have been arranged.”

Yan Ting looked up at the housekeeper. The housekeeper bowed his head and retreated but there wasn’t much nervous fear. There was even a smile at the corner of his mouth.

“Then I’m leaving” Li Zhao was still somewhat uneasy. “You have to be obedient.” 

Yan Ting, “…”

“Li Zhao, I’m eight years older than you.”

“What’s wrong with being eight years older?” Li Zhao smiled as he picked up the gifts on the table and walked to the door. Then he turned back, “Don’t worry, I don’t think you’re old. Even if you are eight years older, you can become a close friend who forgets his years.”

After saying that, he ran away before Yan Ting could respond. There was the sound of footsteps running away and Yan Ting’s pressure gathered around his body as Li Zhao departed. The house emptied and was once again restored to its previous cold silence. 

Li Zhao arrived at Zhang Xiaoyuan’s house and was warmly welcomed by his parents. They didn’t know anything about the entertainment circle and always asked if he was eating enough or if he was tired.

“I’m not tired and it isn’t bitter.” Li Zhao patiently answered these questions. In many young people’s hearts, it might seem annoying but it was precious for Li Zhao.