Error

Wires. Computers. Machines. Cyborgs. Two but one is in the process in coming alive. Her. One is monitoring her condition and the other is waiting for her whole system to be completed.

A sound has made on the computer making the creator snapped her head on the source. 100%. She saunted towards the finished product and raised the back of her hand to lightly rest on its cheek. Her mind then wandered into the old bittersweet memories they once shared that made her clutch her head. In a split second, the newly made cyborg opened its eyes with a light flicker. The computer then made a sound indicating an error code on the latter's right forearm making the scientist sigh deeply.

We're almost there, my love. Just a little bit more.

She transfers the cyborg into her room and gets some supplies to fix the damaged part of its body while sitting on a chair. As she starts her work in refurbishing the forearm, she took a glance at the stilled woman and her brilliant mind flashed back to the moment her love died at the bed the latter currently is sitting on.

Flashback

Rosie's POV

You were laying down on our bed, pale and weak. Even when you look so helpless, you're still the most beautiful woman in my eyes. My only woman. I could've saved you before it got worse. I blame myself for not looking after you. I'm sorry for not being enough. I'm sorry, my love. Please, don't leave me. I can't bear the thought of you being gone from my life. Please love, stay with me.

I held your hand and placed your palm on my tear-stained cheek. You were looking at me with so much love in your eyes despite you on your death bed. You delicately touched my cheek with your thumb and I closed my eyes feeling the contact.

"Rosie"

I opened my eyes as my name rolled off your tongue. You were smiling brightly at me but I knew better. Your eyes spoke every pain, ache, sting, sadness and discomfort. I connected our foreheads together and whisper these words to you to lessen the heartache.

"I'm here, my love."

A tear escaped from your eye and I carefully wiped it and let my hand lingered on your soft cheek.

"I love you, Rosie. So please don't give up. Live your life for me and most importantly for yourself. This is not the end. We'll be seeing each other at the right time."

I planted a long lingering kiss on your forehead as you utter the words that made me more broken than ever but I didn't show it. I had to be strong, for the both of us.

"I love you too, Jennie."

You smiled at my response before you gave your last breath. The warmth I felt from your hand disappeared and this time, I didn't stop the scream that came out from my throat. I released everything out with the tears falling from my swollen eyes while I was still holding your lifeless body closer to me.

Days. Weeks. Months. A year. It's been a year since I lost you. A year since I lost myself. I'm in deep pain. I can't stop replaying your death in my head. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I see you everywhere and everything I do reminds me of you. I need you here with me, love. Please, I can't live without you. You told me to live my life for the both of us. But how can I do it? I can't. I don't have the will to do it. Help me forget you, Jennie. I want to forget everything. I want the pain to stop. Please, make it stop. Please.....please...... please...... I'm begging you.

I stared at the machines scattered all over my workplace. The only light that illuminated the room were from the machines moving its claws making sparks calling for its master to be fixed permanently.