M'lady

As she sat in the backseat of the car, Jennie puffed her cheeks out and let out a frustrated sigh. Knowing she wouldn't be able to relax any time soon, she chose to listen to music and put on her earphones, but before she could choose a song, her best friend interrupted.

"I know you don't enjoy going to people's houses you don't know," Chahee calmed her.

"But I promise you, after all this getting together with people we don't know, our parents won't bother us for the rest of our vacation," she added with a tiny smile, which the brunette returned.

She just wants to have a relaxing trip by herself and with her closest friend, without having to meet up with her parents' close coworkers. She despises the idea of presenting herself to people who will just brag about their looks and professions. She despises it completely. She sighs once more and nods to Chahee.

"Thank you, Chahee. I just really want to get this over with." She sighed tiredly, losing track of how many people she had met since her parents had been bugging her the moment she came back home to take a break from school.

"I understand that, but who knows? Maybe these people we're about to meet aren't like the others. I think this trip will be more interesting than the others, especially since we're outside our home country, so let's make the most of it while we're here, don't you think?" Chahee shrugged before plugging her own earphones, leaving the brunette in her thoughts.

Jennie didn't anymore answer her and decided to sleep and worry about what will happen when they get to their destination.

~~~

They arrived at their destination not long after, and Jennie's jaw dropped as she saw the location. It was unlike any other place they'd been before. She felt the chilly breeze strike her silky skin the instant she stepped out of the car, as the lovely house faced the beach. Her best friend nudged her, and she wasn't even aware she was beaming with glee.

"First great impression?" She smirks but feigned a hurtful expression after she was playfully punched by the shoulder.

Jennie didn't rebut back as she took her steps towards the mesmerizing beach leaving her best friend behind, yelling at her to assist with the bags from the car.

"What was that?! Sorry, can't hear you!" She looked over her shoulder and laughed how her best friend flipped her off but she was sent a smile at the same time.

She kept walking forward, her smile never leaving her face. She looked up and noticed how clear the sky was, with a blue hue. She paused her steps at the shore, her feet meeting the water as it moved back and forth, and like the child she was in the heart, she splashed the water with her feet, jumping little bit, evidently delighted that she was at a place distant from everything that was a load on her shoulders.

She closed her eyes and let the sound of the calming waves invade her ears that made her let out a contented sigh.

"Lovely, isn't it?"

The brunette was frightened so badly by the attractive, deep, and mellifluous voice behind her figure that she would have fallen into the water if it hadn't been for the warm arms holding her securely.

She instantly backed away from the stranger's embrace, wondering how strange it was that she now missed the warmth of someone she didn't know and who had terrified the very daylights out of her. Calming herself down, especially her racing heart and the rising heat in her cheeks, both of which are due to embarrassment rather than the way the person expressed those words so tenderly.

"I'm so sorry about that. I never thought you'd react that way." The stranger apologized to Jennie, despite the fact that Jennie could tell she was amused and was suppressing a smile, which made Jennie blush even more and unleash her annoyance at the gorgeous stranger.