Rain Is Our Love Language

As I continued to walk through the crowded streets of Paris, the blazing sun greeted me. Each person was doing their own thing, but they all had bright smiles on their faces, and I couldn't help but capture them. This wonderful morning, with the sun shining brightly and a pure blue sky above, the folks below are treated to a sight to behold.

I came to a halt and raised my eyes to the sky, where I realized how lovely it is. My face is brightened by the sky's expression of optimism for me.

I pointed my camera at the sky and clicked the button. I stared at the captured photo for a few moments as the sight brought back the calmness in me and the memories that I will never forget from the past.

Shaking my head to snap out from my trance, I put the sling around my neck, holding the camera in my hands securely, I continued striding my steps across the neighborhood.

I'm perplexed as to how people can smile.... so effortlessly and freely. There is no use of force or phony smiles. The smiles are sincere and genuine.

When I am able to make eye contact with the natives and the tourists, they give me smiles. It doesn't make me feel uneasy; rather, it makes me feel at ease, as if I've come home from a long day at work and, by the time I open the door, someone has greeted me with a warm smile.

Despite the fact that we are strangers in this place, it feels comforting. I'm alone in this strange country, breathing different air. But I know where I'm headed; Paris has always been the destination of my dreams, and being here is such a thrill. I'm certain that this journey will be one to remember.

I stop my tracks as I notice a small child jumping around and laughing joyfully, her parents gazing with love and tenderness in their eyes.

I aimed the camera at them, and with a click of the shutter, I captured a picture of them. I sigh blissfully as I scan the various shots I took throughout the day. Each photograph had a different meaning, and each person had a different story to tell.

My smile fades when I see a familiar picture that I took ages ago. The first ever picture I took of her. Even after all these years, it's still there. I couldn't bring myself to delete all of her and our pictures together no matter how many times the mouse passed over the word "Delete."

This is one of my favorite pictures. But truth be told, every picture with her in it is and will always be my favorite.

I had to wonder if she was actually a human being as a ray of sunshine touched her skin, as if she was the destined one to be radiantly glowing and looking so beautiful and graceful. Her smile was capable of eradicating all melancholy and exhaustion from my body.

Every time she looked at me, her smile would send my head into a tornado. Her real and sincere smile, which reaches her beautiful cat eyes, greets me.

Her dazzling smile blinded me, and first time I saw her smile, I got a pleasant emotion, not because of her cute smile, but because she gave me that genuine smile which made me want to open everything to her. I want to be open, be vulnerable and be myself.

Her eyes, however, broke down my barriers.

The truthfulness and the tenderness are solely evident in her eyes. Her eyes tell me the emotions, every emotion swirling around her soft brown orbs. Everything is there. Her brilliant eyes gaze at me like the sunlight passes on the lake, causing the water to sparkle and continue to shine. Her eyes are as clear as night, and she looks at me as if the moon has discovered its favorite to focus on.

Her eyes light up with love as she says those three words.

The three words she said to me, and the way she said them in her mellifluous voice, are too sweet and impossible for me to believe. Too precious, too delicate, too lovely. She makes everything look lovely. She transforms the things I've always thought were unpleasant and ugly into something beautiful.