Christmas Lights

With admiring eyes, she gazed earnestly at the bright and dazzling lights strung across the Christmas tree. Its hues reflect in young girl's wide gaze, and she didn't hear her own mother calling her name since the child was too preoccupied staring at the gigantic tree. When she felt her mother's hands on her shoulders, she came out of her trance. The child looked at her, a gummy smile on her face, pointing at the majestic tree in front of them.

"Mommy, look at the Christmas lights. They're beautiful!" She exclaimed with her twinkling eyes that her mother didn't fail to notice. She couldn't help but coo at the sight of her one and only child's love for Christmas.

She was well aware that whenever her daughter saw different Christmas trees, she would rush off and stare in admiration. She's amazed at how much her child enjoys seeing the lights twinkling on the enormous tree more than opening presents.

When the woman saw the love of her life carrying their daughter and sprinting joyfully towards the tree with giggles booming through the warm atmosphere, she smiled even wider. She exhaled a breath of relief as she watched the precious people in her life have the time of their lives before the year came to an end.

She didn't notice the tear running down her cheek until she felt a tug on her dress's hem. She gasped in surprise and stared with wide eyes at the sight of a young and adorable child holding a baby pink handkerchief in her hand and pointing it at her.

She was beyond confused but the child just gave a sweet smile pointing to her tear-stained cheek. She then blush in embarrassment at the realization and politely accepted the child's offer, thanking her for the kind act.

She was supposed to give the handkerchief back to her when she noticed the child's soft gaze at the two figures near the Christmas tree, more specifically to a particular brunette.

She blinked her eyes to be sure what she was witnessing was real, and when she returned her focus to her, the adorable kid was staring at her daughter with a small smile and glittering eyes? She grinned as she realized what the look in those eyes signified, and the child averted her gaze from them.

The child looked at her bewildered, but when she saw the older's teasing expression, heat began to flow to her cheeks, causing her to avert her gaze and scratch the back of her neck. She then felt soothing pats on top of her head, prompting her to glance up and see the adult's exquisite face with a soft expression.

"They're both beautiful. Like mother, like daughter", the seven-year-old child thought.

She was then asked for her name which she gave and the young mother was pleased of how beautiful her name sounded. Park Roseanne. Both of them heard a faint voice calling for the child which made the young girl widened her eyes as she realized the deep trouble she'll get for wandering around alone again.

The woman smiled staring at her fidgeting figure. Calling her attention and giving a reassuring smile to the child, she decided to back her up and make this Christmas celebration even more interesting to these young children.

"I'm sure my daughter would be delighted meeting a new friend or more than that word. We'll see." She confidently declared in her mind.

She then approached the child's parents and introduced herself, explaining what had happened and, of course, telling them all she had seen, which made Roseanne's parents chuckle because they had noticed how their child kept staring at the young brunette with hearty eyes as well.

Following the surprise introductions of both sides and the adorable stutterings of how the two little children introduced themselves, their parents decided to get to know each other better by leaving them at a nearby bench while they go buy ice cream for them.