Enemies? (1)

Distinct footsteps can be heard outside the four corners of the classroom. Pointed heels clicking at a normal routine making the students scramble back to their seats except for two students standing in the middle of the classroom and eyes never leaving each other. One is fuming and glaring at the other while the other is looking at her with amusement and a smirk appears on her rosy lips.

The other students kept calling for their attention before something they knew would happen happens. But their words were useless as the two didn't make a move until they heard their names being called by their teacher who just happened to enter the class.

"Ms. Park and Ms. Kim, stop with the staring contest and go back to your respective seats if you don't want to be kicked out of my class."

The two prolonged their stares before the brunette huffs and went back to her seat before uttering these words.

"This is not over, Park."

The bored looking woman widened her smirk and gave her classmate a flirty wink before proceeding to her assigned seat.

'This is just the beginning, Kim', she thought.

A loud clank of the chair made the students jump on their seats out of surprise but the one who did it simply shrugged and raised an eyebrow making them look at board quickly. Scared that they might experience the wrath of the intimidating woman.

Their teacher sighed tiredly and started the lesson for the day. At the back corner of the room, a student carefully watches every move of the brunette with a sad smile spread on her lips. She shakes her head lightly and continued to look ahead, pretending to listen to the lecture.

Timeskip Lunch

"Chaeyoung-ah"

The latter, who was sitting on the bleachers while taking a bite on her apple, looks up and smiles at the sight of her beautiful friend.

"Suzy"

The black-haired girl sits next to her and snatches the apple from her much to her friend's protests and proceeds to take a big bite. The tall woman could only laugh and let her be.

"I heard the commotion that happened early in the morning. Seriously, Chae? It was only the first period and you made her nerves riled up that quick."

"I was only telling her the truth. It's her fault for being in denial."

Her friend snaps her head at her with confusion plastered all over her face which made Chaeyoung sigh of the question that she knew her friend would ask.

"Which is?"

"That she's a Daddy's girl. That she doesn't know what she wants and only does the things her father tells or commands her to. Everyone sees her as the boss of this school when in fact she's not, she never has been. She's a slave to her father and mostly, to herself."

She heard a chuckle beside her and felt her head on her broad shoulder.

"That explains why she almost slapped you this morning. You pointed out her flaws. No wonder why she couldn't stop frowning when we had science class."

"Oh right. You're her lab partner. I hope she didn't take out her anger on you."

She then felt a smack on her forehead which made her hiss at the pain and rubbed it afterwards.

"Serves you right. You shouldn't have said those things to her. You're in no place to and you know it. Let her realize it on her own but it seems like she won't be accepting the truth anytime soon and most likely, she'd drown herself with more work and distractions pushing everyone away, thanks to you."

Suzy faces her with different emotions pooling in her eyes but it was sadness that stood out the most. Chaeyoung knew what it meant but she didn't point it out.

"Someone has to. She needs to be true to herself for once in her life and I need someone who can compete with me with determination to win and not because she's scared of disappointing her father."

"It's not easy on her part, Chae. It's not something she could freely do especially when it's her father we're talking about."

Chaeyoung stayed quiet as an indication to let her friend continue her words.

"You two have been enemies ever since you transferred here in this school a year ago. I was shocked someone had the courage to compete with the daughter of the famous politician in different subjects and sports activities. To say you've made the school year interesting is a big understatement. Things are changing around here. Heck, you made the ice queen enter the first period class in the morning and she never does that not until you came in the picture."

"What are you trying to say, Suzy?"

"What I'm saying is to be careful. If words reach to her father of what is happening to Jennie and what you have realized. He won't hesitate to confront you and when that happens, she can't be there to protect you from him. You two maybe are enemies but Jennie has finally found someone who can see her as a normal student, not caring about herstatus, popularity, and her famous father. If you desperately want her to have a fair fight then start making amends with her. Stop with these childish fights, you won't get anything good from it."

"Newsflash, we hate each other's guts so that amend you're talking about is completely nonsense and impossible to do. Jennie despises me as much as I despise her."

Suzy rolled her eyes and massage her temples.

"Please, don't pretend that you don't give a slight care about her when in fact you do. When I told you that things are changing here, I meant that you are changing Jennie's ways of running this school. She's being less moody, doesn't scold anyone who accidentally bumps into her way, she's being open to other people's suggestions and–"

"She's still a Daddy's girl. That won't change unless she stands up for herself. She can never beat me if she won't let herself be free from everything."

Suzy stood up dusting her uniform and puts her hand on the latter's shoulder with a sympathetic smile.

"That's your enemy's choice to make."

"You need to go now. Your pretty girlfriend is throwing glares at me and your hand isn't helping my state here."

Suzy laughed loudly and removes her hand not without playfully punching the shoulder.

"Alright, alright. See you later, then?"

"Hmmmm maybe never."

"Roseanne"

"Of course, you'll see me later. We're basically best friends slash roommates now go and kiss and make up with your girlfriend."

Her best friend started walking away from her but stopped to say the words that made Chaeyoung freeze on her seat.

"Oh and Chae, you'll find her soon. Just trust in the process."

The latter clenched her fists trying to hold back her tears before giving her best friend a fake smile.

"Hopefully, I will."