Hi, Stranger

Rosie's POV

I let out a long sigh as I shut down my laptop and walked into my bedroom, where I dropped down exhausted on my bed. I looked at nothing for a good five minutes before being jolted awake by a buzz from my phone.

A small smile immediately made its way to my face and I didn't waste time to call the person whom I love doing late night conversations with. I positioned my phone on the pillow and laid down facing her who just appeared on the screen.

"Hi, stranger." She playfully said while hugging her favorite plushie that I won for her during one of our dates.

"Hi, how are you?" I softly said while trying to suppress the yawn but I failed when I heard her giggles making me lightly laugh.

"I'm obviously not sleepy unlike you." We both laugh at her statement before the silence envelops us.

I slowly close my eyes and I knew she was going to sing me a lullaby with her sweet voice but I called her attention before she could even start singing.

"Jen"

"Yes, Rosie Posie?"

I fluttered my eyes open and a tired smile formed on my lips, staring at her wondrous features and my heart softened when I see her loving eyes staring back at me. I got up and grabbed the phone closer to me, not breaking eye contact with her.

"I really love you, just so you know."

Her gummy smile appeared making me avert my eyes elsewhere and clear my throat to get rid of this warm feeling enveloping my chest. I heard her call my name, swiftly shifting my full attention on her.

"I really really love you too, my hubby."

I sighed in relief and cheekily smiled at her. Shaking her head in amusement and playfully glaring at me as we look like two cheesy idiots in love which is true and I have no complaints, not at all.

"You should really sleep now, my love. You look really exhausted, take a rest now. You deserve it."

"Can we not end the call? I want you to be the one I see first thing in the morning."

Jennie smiled at me softly before she motioned me to lay down comfortably on my bed which i immediately complied, hearing her chuckle as I got a little too excited.

I can feel the exhaustion taking over me  that made me release a deep sigh. It didn't take long for me to flutter my eyes close and succumb to deep sleep but not before bidding goodnight to the love of my life.

"Goodnight, wifey."

"Goodnight, my love."

Flashback

I was playing a game on my phone while occasionally sipping my coffee ignoring the couple across me bickering ever since I entered the café.

Surely, there were people glancing at us from time to time but that didn't stop their argument and I didn't interfere since it wasn't my business nor relationship in the first place. Might as well listen to Jisoo Unnie threatening Lisa while the poor girl is sinking down on her seat due to fear.

"Jisoo love–"

"Nuh uh, you have no right to call me that name. Why don't you go to other women? They sure loved flirting with you."

Jisoo gripped her fork hard and pointed it towards Lisa who widened her eyes and audibly gulped making me internally smirked as I was enjoying watching the scene.