New York City

The first time I met you was when I was in New York City. I always wanted to go to New York city alone and when I told my family about it, they accepted saying that I should go for an adventure. I was beyond ecstatic. I needed this. A young, hopeless adult who still doesn't know what her plans are in life but a little fresh air from a new place won't be bad right? That's how I ended up in this beautiful and bustling city. In hopes of truly finding myself. But falling in love with you was never part of my bucket list. In fact, you made me abandon the things I listed in that list.

I remember the first time I laid my eyes on you was inside a coffee shop. The sun was shining and smiling giving the whole city a warm atmosphere. It made me sigh in happiness as I haven't felt this relaxed back home and I'm thankful that I chose this city. I was craving for a good hot coffee to complement the pleasant mood. As I found a striking coffeeshop, I bounced a little and made my way inside. When I saw the inside, my eyes twinkled in fascination. I was astounded of the simplicity of the café. It made me feel comfortable like I was at home. I examined the small picture frame hanged at the wall and when I turned back, I accidentally bumped into someone.

I held onto the person's waist to avoid from falling and when I looked into its eyes. Its hazel brown eyes meet my dark orbs. As cliché as the situation is that moment, but I feel everything surrounding the whole place froze. Your orbs were sucking me in transporting me to another dimension. It's unusual. I've never been drawn to a person in my life yet a stranger like you managed to do it. My daydream was then interfered when you pulled away from my hold and began apologizing. I continuously stare at you as you didn't stop your ramblings. I scrutinized at your whole figure. Cat feline eyes. Puffy cheeks. Hair tied in a bun. Specs. White shirt with 'The Beatles' written on it. Blue jeans. And earphones hanging on your shoulders.

This girl is cute.

I was awestrucked by your mesmerizing beauty that I had my jaw dropped and eyes wide open. You stopped talking and must've misunderstood thinking you were looking ghastly. I rapidly picked up at your nervous expression and before you could cover your bareface and speak, I placed my hand on your shoulder and released my charming smile.

"Will you do me the honor and let me buy you coffee?"

I didn't fail to see the blush on your cheeks that I almost lost my control and want to squish those soft looking cheeks. You adorably nod and tried to fight a smile but you broke out a kind smile and led me to the counter.

We talked for nearly three hours. Learning more about each other and jumping to random topics whether it's about food, likes and dislikes, things that we can't live without, and all those things you ask in getting to know a person. As I began to learn more about you, I felt at ease. It wasn't awkward at all. It's like I've known you for many years and this encounter with you was a magical reunion. The way you giggle at my funny jokes, the hand gestures when you tell your lifestory, the happy gummy smile that appears when I talk about pets, closing your eyes as you savor the taste of coffee and just the way you speak. Your voice is so lulling and soothing to hear and I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing you babble words all day long.

But our conversation had to be cut off when you phone buzzed indicating that you needed to leave. We both didn't hide the disappointment in our faces but it quickly faded away when you gave me your number as I did the same. We disposed the cups and I accompanied you outside the café, not forgetting to open the door and dramatically bow down making you laugh loudly and playfully slapped my arm. I smiled putting in mind I should make you laugh often.

We looked into each other's eyes with fondness, not daring to utter a single word. It lasted about a minute and I felt a kiss on my right cheek. I found myself heating up and before I could react, you stole another kiss from me. And this time, it was a peck on the lips. I saw you cheekily smiled and bolted right away leaving me stunned at that bold move. I was still in a state shock that went about for five minutes, I bring my hand to my lips, letting my fingertips linger before releasing a happy sigh.