💜 ~ The Second Choice

Ello, cute story I wrote here, hihi

Warns/tags:
-not really any

Enjoy!

1030 Words!

I hate the number 2.
Cause that is what I've always been.

Since elemantary school I've walked on the grass next to the sidewalk. I've walked behind a pair with joined arms. I've sat alone in the backseat of a car.

I've been silenced during conversations with others.

"Well I-" I would say for the first time.

"Well-I" I would try again, I figured third times a charm right?

"Well I-" and no one even glances my way.

I envy found families in books and tv shows because I've realized I could never form a friendship like that. Someone be willing to die for me? I can barely convince someone to hang out.

So I form relationships with the characters in books. I idealize romance and love, in hopes it will one day fill the void in my heart and this voice in my head telling me I will never be enough.

I pretend my eyes don't glow green whenever I see videos of friends doing everything together.

I want to be liked,

I want to be loved,

I want everyone to stop leaving.

I want to be seen,

I want to be heard,

And I want to be someones world.

But that isn't realistic for a second choice.

---

"Hey guys!" George said as he walked up to his friends, but no one turned around. "Hey?" He said again but there was no response. They were too busy talking about the new boy in town. This was usual, they ignored George every time.. and when they needed something, they would ask him.

"Ooh, there he is!" One girl said as she pointed to the hall. George really didn't care and was still trying to get their attention. The eyes of his friends slowly followed  till they were close to George. "Well thank you, finally." George said, but still wasnt getting their attention. "Excuse me?" A male voice spoke, which made George turn around to the new boy staring him down. "Uh, hi." George softly spoke. "Girls, he was talking to you." The guy said. He was much taller than George. He had blond hair and a serious look on his face. "S-sorry." One of the girls said and immediately turned to George as the guy walked away. "Omg, he totally saw you." One of the girls said to George fangirling over the guy. Well, he was the only one..

"Hey." The same familiar voice spoke as George sat at the lunch table with his friends. They were all talkative, but he wasnt able to talk with them. All they did was shush him. "Hi." George softly spoke, playing with the food on his plate. The girls all turned around to the new guy and started to talk to him, but the new guy was only focused on George. "Sitting all alone, huh?" The guy asked him and George immediately looked up. "Thanks for noticing." George said geniunely, smiling up at him before looking back to his plate. "Wanna go outside?" The guy finally said as he totally ignored the other girls. George was silent for a moment, giving the opportunity to one of the girls. "I will go with you, Clay." One of the girls said grabbing him by the arm. But the blond snatched his arm away and looked at the girl in disgust. "I asked him." And the girl immediately backed off.

George slowly looked up at the blond, sweetly smiling at him. "So?" He asked him. George hesitated but decided to go with him, since it wasnt fun in here anyway.

"I didn't catch your name." The blond said as they walked along the sidewalk towards the football field. "George." He finally spoke, kicking a small stone near the blond. He kicked it back to George, but George didnt bother to kick it again. "Hi, George. I'm-" the blond started, but George interrupted him. "-Clay." He said smiling up at him. "The girls wont stop talking about you." He added looking back at the ground. "You always hang out with girls?" Clay asked, which made George look in front of him. "Not really, but they were the only ones who wanted me in their group." George said shrugging. "It doesn't seem like it." Clay said with his jands in his pockets. George stopped in his tracks and looked at Clay. "Sorry, but its true." Was all that Clay said as he shrugged. The two walked along for a moment in silence.

"You're right.." George softly said. "I know, I have always been the second choice." He added. "Not for me." Clay said which made George look up once again. "I like talking to you." Clay said trying to avoid eye contact.

George stopped in his tracks, which made Clay do the same. "Why do you even talk to me?" George asked. "I have always been the kid who no one wants to talk to.." he added rubbing his arm. Clay stepped closer to George, eith a soft smile. "Because I see myself in you." He said. "No one has ever put me first and when I saw you, I decided I wanted to put you first." He added, looking at the ground. "I dont really know why, but I just wanted to." He softly spoke. George smiled at him as he heard that. It was silent for a moment, no one really said anything but it wasnt an uncomfortable silence. "I actually need to go now, but do I see you tomorrow?" George asked him which made Clay smile. "Yeah." He said as George started walking away before he waved him goodbye. "Wait George!" Clay said which made George walk back a little so he could hear him. "Do I get to have your number?" Clay shouted across the field but all George did was smile and shake his head. "Keep on Dreaming!" Which made Clay laugh.
"See you tomorrow, Dreamerboy."

Idk If imma keep the story like this, or if imma make another part. I kinda like it like this thoooo.

Allr you poopies,

Ly,

Blueii

(Poem by samawia)