008

It's Sunday morning! Sunday is lazy day for us. I feel bad for Jemima, her family are religious so she has to go to 'Chruch' on Sunday mornings, meaning they have to wake up early. I I've never been. Instead, I curl up on the couch with Mum and Dad to watch cartoons. We're all wearing our pyjamas and Dad pulls a big tartan blankie over us.

"D'you want a snack Max?"

"Yes please," I grin. Dad goes into the kitchen. "I'm going to make pancakes, alright?"

"Yey pancakes!" I cheer. I look up at Mum. "Where's Chris?"

"Still in bed," she chuckles. She rocks the baby gently in her arms.

"Mum?"

"Yeah?"

"Is Rocky a nice name for her?"

She pauses and looks down at the baby cradled in her arms. "Rockie?" She contemplates for a moment. "Maybe,"

When Dad comes back with waffles, I climb into his lap facing the TV.

I start munching on one of the pancakes with butter on! Dad has some too. "What're we doing this afternoon?"

"Good question," he looks at Mum. "We could take a drive up to the mountains,"

"Chris is still grounded,"

"He's old enough to stay in by himself,"

"How about it, Max," Mum leans over and. cuddles me. "A trip to the mountains?"

"Yeah!"

Dad goes to tell Chris while Mum starts to get everything ready. I finish eating my pancakes and Mum takes the plate to the kitchen. When she comes back, she carries me up to my room.

"What do want to wear Max?" She opens my wardrobe. "Something warm, it gets chilly on the mountains,"

I shrug my shoulders.

"How about your jeans, your skull shirt and a parker?"

"Okay,"

I get on my shirt and jeans, then run to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I hear Dad fighting with Chris, but thankfully that simmers out. I brush my long hair down in front of the mirror before running back downstairs to get Mum. She waits by the door.

Dad follows after me. "Alright Chris, we'll be back by three!" He calls up to my brother.

"Bye Dad!"

Excited, I squirm in my carseat. The baby watches me from hers and I tickle her chin a little. It makes her giggle.  Dad puts some nursery rhymes on, my favourite is The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round, because I like buses. I sing along, and the baby watches me.

"Look Dad!" I point to the mountain in the distance. "We're here!"

"I can see that," Dad chuckles as we pull in.