009

There's a car park halfway up one of the mountains here, which we pull into. There are so many fields! They're all full of sheep. Sheep are so cute, and it's June so there are lambs!

"Remember, we have about an hour and then we need to go home," Dad explains. "It's not fair on Chris to leave him home alone and come back later than we said,"

"Yeah Dad," I nod. 

After getting out the car, I run to the car park wall and stand on top. There aren't any other cars. It's like me, the baby, Mum and Dad are alone in the world. That'd be such a cool world. I don't really care that Chris wouldn't be in it. The view is cool too. From here, I can see different towns, all connected with roads that cut between fields. Dad picks me up and holds me even higher!

He sets me down on the other side of the wall.  "You can go and explore, we'll be here watching the view,"

"Thanks Dad!" Mum sits beside him on the wall, cradling the baby in her arms.

I run down one of the fields that's empty of any sheep. The grass here is taller than I am! And I easily find myself in a jungle! Maybe I'll find an undiscovered species! Then my picture will be in the paper and everything. I start looking.

The trees block out any sunlight. The brave explorer traverses through uncharted territory. Will it put him on the map of explorers? Or will it put an entirely new continent on the map?! Only history will decide the fate of this intrepid adventurer. For he-

"Max! Time to go home!" I hear Daddy call. No! We can't go home yet. I haven't discovered anything! I ignore him and keep searching. When I discover something, he'll be so proud that ignoring him didn't matter!

"Max!" Mum calls. She sounds worried. Neither of them can see me above the tall grass. I'm still not answering.

"Max!" It's Dad again. I hear him rustling in the grass behind me. I get down on my knees and crawl away faster. Maybe I'll find some tiny animals this way. 

"Max," I feel his hands wraps around my waist and pull me up out the grass.

"No!" I squirm and kick in his grip. Dad sighs and carries me back to the car. "Let me go!"

"Max!" Dad scolds me. "Stop your shouting. You didn't come when we called. That's very naughty,"

"I just wanted to explore," I whine. 

"We told you we'd need to go home after an hour and we gave you an extra thirty minutes,"

"We'll give me another hour then!" I keep squirming.

"Another hour?" He scoffs. "You've been bad Max. When we get go me you're getting a spanking and you can go to bed early,"

"B-But-!" I look to Mum. She just shakes her head in disappointment, my baby sister held to her chest.

When we get home, Dad comes around to the back of the car and picks me up. He carries me inside.

"Get upstairs Max and get your pyjamas on," he gives me a harder smack than normal over my jeans. I rush upstairs. I don't know how to undo my parker jacket, it has a zip but that's also covered by Velcro...

The best I can do is sit on the end of my bed and wait for Dad or Mum to come in.