012

(Jemima)

After my grounding last week, I think my parents felt bad for me

After my grounding last week, I think my parents felt bad for me. So, they're letting me go for a sleepover at Jemima's house! I've stayed at hers before,  and I'm still really excited because she's my best friend! But her parents are really scary. They make me call them 'Mr Johnson' and 'Mrs Johnson', even though my parents let Jemima call them by their first names. Mum explained to me that some people's houses are different than others. I prefer mine to her's.

I run out the car when Dad parks outside Jemima's house. "Hey, c'mere!"

I run around the side to the driver door. Dad rolls his window down. "Do you promise to behave?"

"Yeah Dad,"

"And the most important promise-" he smiles at me. "Do you promise to have fun?"

I smile. "Yeah Dad. Bye! Love you," 

"Bye Max, love you," my backpack hangs from my shoulder while I rush into Jemima's house. Her mum lets me in and I go to her bedroom. My stomach ties in knots as I see that Jemima is bent over her dad's knee.

"I'm sorry Dad! I promise to be more careful!"

"We have had this conversation young lady, you've broken too many things. You will learn to respect your mother and the toys she buys you," he pulls up her dress and starts hitting her super hard.

"AAHHH!" She squeals and starts crying and kicking after only four smacks. Her dad is really harsh... It doesn't feel like I'm supposed to be watching, but there's nowhere else I can be.

"Respecting your things is very important and you will learn to do it!" SMACK SMAXK "Or I'll take off my belt. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir!" Jemima cries. Her dad spanks her so hard, the walls seem to shake. After eight more spanks (he's done three times her age, just like my Dad does), he stops.

"Get into the corner!" He orders her and she does, crying. Her dad then storms from the room, not bothering to address me.

We're left alone, al I can hear are her cries. I don't know what to say or do really. It just feels really tense. I don't want to disturb her - she's my best friend and she's upset. So I just sit at her desk and wait silently until she's allowed to come out of her corner.

After a while, her dad comes back. "Are you ready to show your mother the respect she deserves?"

"Yes Sir," Jemma looks down, contrite.

"Good. Here is a reminder of what will happen if you ever act ungrateful towards us again," he turns her around. SMACK SMACK SMACK, he smacks her bum three times hard, making her cry again. "What do we say?"

"Thank you Sir,"

"That's right," her dad nods. He seems to notice that I'm here for the first time. "Welcome Max, it is good to see you again. I'm sure I don't need to remind you to behave. You have seen what happens in this house when children are rude,"