010

Dad comes in after a long time of waiting. "Max , I want you in the corner this instant! You're in so much trouble,"

I whimper and try not to cry while being rushed into the corner. I don't want a spanking!

Dad sits on the end of my bed. I hear him from my place in the corner. "I want to know why, Max,"

"I...I was just having fun," I look down at my shoes. He doesn't seem to care than I'm not in my pyjamas.

"Come on, you know what you did," Dad continues to scold me. "Come here,"

I shuffle over on my feet. Dad helps me out of my coat and my clothes until I'm just in my pants and socks. He puts them away. Then he pulls me over his lap.

Off-balance and leaning more toward the floor, I squirm. I'm always scared of falling forward and hitting my head on the floor, even though that's never happened. After a few seconds, Dad starts spanking me.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"When I call you to come, you come,"

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

I wriggle and try to reach back, but Dad grabs my hand and holds it against my back. I ha yes feel trapped like this. I can't stop him from hurting me!

"I'm sorry Dad! I'll come next time,"

"Good," he sighs. "Your mother and I were getting worried Max. We couldn't see you,"

I start to feel bad. I made Mum and Dad worried.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"Please Dad! I'm sorry!"

SMACK

Finally, he stops. I'm suddenly picked up and cuddled against his chest. "Sssh, it's alright. Let's get you in your jammies okay? You did great,"

I keep crying. It hurts so much! Dad spanked me really hard this time. I think it's because he was worried about me on the mountain. He helps me into my fluffy jammies and into bed. My bum is so warm and it's making me feel too hot under my covers! I whine and kick off my duvet.

"You can stay here until lunch is ready,"

"Yeah Daddy," I don't turn to look at him, instead burying my face in my narwhal stuffie. 

I'm woken up by a gentle nudge on my shoulder. "I'm sorry for waking you, but I have your lunch," Mum smiles down at me. "It's Mac and cheese, your favourite,"

Mum hands me my tray while I sit up against the wall. "Thanks Mum," I rub my eyes, unsure of when I fell asleep. Oh no! Where's my narwhal?!

As if she read my mind, Mum picks him up off the floor and hands him to me. "He must've fallen off in your sleep,"

"Oh," I hold him close. "Thanks Mum,",

"You're welcome," she smiles at me and sits by my side throughout lunch. She tells me a story about her and Dad. Those are always fun.

"We were really worried about you you there Max," she says suddenly.

I nod, staring down at my empty plate. "Can I go say sorry to Dad?"

"Alright, that's a good idea," she picks me up from my bed and carries me downstairs. I rest my chin on her shoulder. Chris and Dad are watching some footie highlights on the couch.

"Honey," Mum addresses Dad. He turns to look at us.

"I-I'm sorry for scaring you and not coming when you called me on the mountain," I squirm in Mum's arms. "And for my tantrum,"

"Well, I hope you've learned your lesson," his hard expression softens and he takes me into his arms. He hugs me close to his chest and I listen to his heart beating.

In the evening, after dinner, Chris goes upstairs to spend some time in his room. I sit with Mum and Dad and watch some comedy panel shows. Dad turns the telly off and looks down at me. "I've decided that you're going to be grounded from going outside again next weekend," Dad explains. "You need to learn you can't just ignore adults without consequences,"

Losing my weekend?! I whimper and feel the tears appear in my eyes. I start crying. "Please don't ground me! I said I was sorry and I already had a spanking!"

"Max, a weekend inside should remind you how to behave outside,"

My legs start to kick and I whine, crying out of sheer spite. "Please Dad! I know how to behave outside it was it's a mistake I promise I'll be good and-" 

"What abut this, if you do your chores-" Mum begins, but Dad cuts her off.

"No," he turns back to me. "Don't make a deal with him, he needs to learn,"

I shuffle onto Mum's lap, glaring at Dad. I don't like him anymore.