Chapter 2 Dante -Vengeance

With a clenched jaw, I wait for her to arrive. She's Sonia Gavino, the daughter of my greatest enemy and the one person in the world who will help me seek revenge.

They say she's treated like a princess, the only daughter of Leonio, and that she's sheltered. I can only assume that he'll do anything to get her back. People even call her principessa.

I pace up and down the library halls in my estate, walking between racks of books, wondering if all went according to plan. The deal was my men were supposed to get Sonia under the guise of darkness, and Leonio would be none the wiser. When he finds out that I have his daughter, it'll be war. But it's a war that I'm willing to wage.

I need her.

I need her to come here, live with me, and be my hostage. It's the only way this plan will work.

Just as I'm running a frustrated hand through my thick, brown hair, I hear a car coming down the driveway, and I know that it's time.

I walk out of the library, through a long corridor, until finally I reach the side door where the SUV containing Sonia is waiting. My man, Romano, gets out of the car, saying to me, "It all went fine, boss. No problems."

"Is she untouched?" I ask, peering through the darkened windows of the SUV, trying to get a look at Sonia.

He nods. "She came willingly enough."

"Good." I turn back to the house, knowing the deed is done.

I wanted her here unmarked. I might be a mobster, but I'm not a monster. There's no reason the girl needed to be harmed in the process of me taking her prisoner. This conflict is between her father and me.

Just as I turn to go, Romano opens the car door, lifting the girl out. I'm surprised by how small she is, tiny like a dancer. But she hits him and attempts to scream bloody murder. Her mouth is bound by a piece of tight fabric which causes her cuss words to come out as a murmur, and besides, there's no one to hear her screams here. Not for miles.

Romano removes the blindfold from over her eyes, and when he does, I'm struck momentarily by her beauty. Fierce blue eyes look at me with hatred while jet black hair falls in front of her face. Wearing a gold gown that glistens under the light of the moon, she looks more like a model than anything. She's a woman through and through with curves in all the right places. And fuck, she's something to behold all right with a luminous face that includes high-cut cheekbones and full, lush lips. But I know that for as beautiful as she is, she's a Gavino, which means she's entirely off-limits to me. But still, I look at her for a second too long, a savage reaction firing off in my body when I see her. Hot coils of lust threaten to burn me from the inside out as I register the perfect lines of her body and those fierce eyes which hold so much hatred for me.

I get it. I just kidnapped her from the only home she's ever known. She should hate me. But, at least, as her captor, I'm not like some of the men in these mafia circles we run in. I'm not going to torture her. I'm not going to send a finger or a toe to her father in retribution. No. I won't do that. In fact, I'll be entirely civil to Sonia here, as long as she behaves.

"Portala di sopra nella sua stanza," I say to Romano in Italian.

I need Sonia to be upstairs, out of sight. The last thing I want is for her to be in my way during her sojourn here. She might be mine to do with as I will, but I have business to attend to, and I won't have her getting in the middle of things. She's here for a purpose, to help me teach her father a lesson. That's it.

Romano rips the material off of Sonia's mouth so that she's able to talk freely, and when she does, I'm not surprised by her language.

She spits at me. "You're an asshole! What do you think you're doing with me? When my father finds out about this, when he catches you, you'll be dead. Dead! Do you understand that?"

I exchange a glance with Romano, he and I both knowing that it's rare to have someone speak to me in such a derogatory way.

Stepping forward, I look down on my new captive. "You, my little principessa, will do well to watch your words. You're mine now. Do you understand that? You belong to me. Not your Daddy. Not any of those godforsaken Gavino family. Now, I'm going to be nice to you under one condition, that you behave while you're a guest in my house. If you can't do that, well, you'll see how I can be an evil man. Am I clear?"

Sonia has no idea just how bad I can be. Even though I'm not going to torment her while she's here, I'm pure darkness inside, evil even. I've done shit she can only imagine. And I know that this is no life for her, the principessa of the Gavino family. They've kept her sheltered from everything bad and black and horrible. Yet here I am, having taken her. And it wasn't even hard to do.

She glares up at me, her blue eyes turning ice cold and spiteful. "Yeah, I understand. I understand that you have some business with my father, and so instead of taking it up with him as a man, you've abducted me, a woman! How pathetic." She laughs lightly. "A true man wouldn't let a woman get in the middle of business. But I see you're not a true man."

Her words send a rash of anger through me. I feel the heat boiling deep inside my belly. It rises through my veins, and it's all I can do not to explode, not to take it out on her. If it were anyone else, I'd hit them for talking to me this way. But her? Sonia Gavino, the princess? I can't. I have to keep my cool.

I take another step closer to her. "You'd do well to remember my rules. Be a good girl, a good guest in my house, and I'll reward you. Be disagreeable, and you'll see what punishment comes."

She peers up at me from under her long lashes. I have a mind to grab her, take her upstairs, and show her what happens to insolent women. I would tie her up and fuck her all night, making sure my hand made contact with her ass several times...or maybe a whip would do.

She spits again at me but says nothing.

I know that I've won this round. She's mine for the foreseeable future. I own her.

Sonia.

Romano picks her up and puts her over his shoulder, bringing her kicking and screaming into the house.

A couple of my men linger back, and they apprise me of the full situation, how it went down at the Gavino penthouse in the city. But my mind is on the new princess, the new arrival.

Will my plan work out the way that it should? Will Leonio feel the pain of losing his daughter the way that I intend? And in the meantime, what the fuck will I do with her?