Chapter 20 Dante -Seismic

Looking down at Sonia, it's hard to know what she's thinking. I just revealed to her my plan. I told her my innermost secret, which is that I'm using her to get back at her father. But she's still here. She hasn't run away from me again, so that's a good sign.

I hold her shivering body against mine and decide that it's time to warm her up.

I draw her a bath, making the water nice and hot.

"Come here, baby," I say as I remove my soaking wet clothes. "We need to warm up."

She stands next to me, stepping out of her jeans, and I suck in a breath. She looks so goddamn beautiful. Even with her hair dripping wet, in her frozen state, she looks gorgeous.

I pull her into my arms. Her naked flesh is pressed against my own.

"Fuck honey, I can't believe that I almost lost you today," I say.

To think that Sonia was out there on her own battling the elements makes me feel sick. It causes an aching kind of nausea to spread throughout my body. I can never lose her.

Slowly, I help her step into the bathtub. And then I get in too. Once inside, she curls up into a little ball with her knees pressed up against her chest.

"This feels so good," she says.

I can tell that the warm water is good for her system because a pink flush spreads over her skin. My angel needed this. She needed to get warm.

Sitting in the bathtub with her, I decide that it's time to get real. "Tell me why you ran away," I say. "I want the truth."

She looks at me, her face horrorstruck. "Dante, I can't tell you that."

"Why not?" I ask. "Was it just about the pictures? Or is there something more that you're not telling me?"

Slowly, she nods. "It was about the pictures," she says. "But it's also more than that. You have to understand that you stole me away from my family, from everything I've ever known. So how can I ever really trust you? When I came across the photos, it made me realize that you're somebody I don't know at all. You could be a monster. You could be the devil. How will I know?"

In an instant, I realize that Sonia doesn't get me. She doesn't understand who I am at my very core. So even though I wish I could describe to her the depths of my soul, there's only one way for her to see who I am, and it's to show her.

I hold her hands under the water. She feels so tiny compared to me.

"Sonia, I know that this is an unusual situation. But you have to understand that from the beginning, I never intended to hurt you. I would never lay a finger on you."

I hope she can believe me.

Her blue eyes find mine, searching them. What does she want from me? What more can I give to her?

"I know that you've done this because my father killed your brother," she says. "I understand that. And I'm sorry for it. But you have to grasp that this has been a scary situation for me. It's going to take me a while a while to trust you."

"I get it," I say, gripping her hands, wishing I could take away that pain of this circumstance.

Though I want Sonia to realize that I care about her, that I would do anything to make sure she's protected and okay, I appreciate that these things take time.

And so I pull her towards me and kiss her deeply, hoping that this can be the start of something new. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the world that will bring my brother back. And her father has to pay. But I wasn't expecting to fall for Sonia Gavino. I wasn't expecting her at all.

She kisses me back fiercely like she's needed this moment. And I hold her in my arms. Then she does something that surprises me. Her hand finds its way down to my cock where she rubs it back and forth, back and forth.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I...I want you. Even though I can't describe it, even though it might be wrong, I can't seem to stay away from you, Dante. You're doing something to my soul."

I look into her pure blue eyes and know that whatever the fuck this is, our connection, it's real, and it feels so fucking right.

I pull her into my arms as she strokes my cock. What we have is just beginning. It's unique and fucking seismic.

Sonia.

My principessa.

I need you so much.