Chapter 36 Sonia -Swollen

I wake up to the bright sun filtering in through the big, floor-to-ceiling windows. My pussy feels sore and swollen from having been dominated last night. It aches from where he entered me.

I can't believe I gave myself to Dante like that. He forced me to believe in him, to believe in us, and that's what I did. I gave him my body, my soul, every part of me. I've never been fucked like that before, tied up. Now, I hate to admit it, but I want more.

Rolling over in the bed, I notice that he's not there. I must've woken up late.

I check the time on the bedside table, and it reads 10:30 a.m. I have indeed slept in. I feel like my body needed it after last night, after being so thoroughly consumed by Dante.

Getting out of bed, I pad over to the master bathroom, where I take a hot shower. Letting the water run over my body, I allow it to soothe the places where he was. The ache and soreness from where Dante entered me subside a little bit as the warm water flows over me.

Shampooing with the tropical-infused soaps provided, I run my hands over my body. My nipples are raw and swollen from where Dante bit them, and there are small bruises on my hips from where he gripped me so hard.

As the water washes away all the cum from last night and the scent of him dissipates, I can't help but think back to our conversation. Dante told me that he has to stay in this life, the mafia life. He said that he'd risk dying if he tries to leave, and there's no way out.

The idea of something happening to him makes me feel a cold kind of fear that inches through my heart. I couldn't bear to lose him. Not now. Not after all this.

I feel like I might be falling in love with him, and that truth scares me. This life is dangerous. Even I'm not so naive as to not realize this life we've been born into is dangerous. If something ever happened to Dante, I'd be devastated, broken for all time.

I can't imagine my life without him. He's somehow made his way into my soul, into the very core of my being, and I wouldn't be the same without him in my life.

It's a shocking thing to admit to myself—that I'm in love with Dante De Rose, leader of the mafia family that opposes mine. But it's love all the same. He's the only man I want, the only man I can imagine allowing into my heart.

I scrub my body and finish showering with this realization in mind. But the question remains—I love Dante; however, does he love me back?

Quickly, I dry my stick-straight hair, apply some basic makeup, and then I head into the closet to decide what to wear. There are so many outfits to choose from. Eventually, I select a gold bikini and a light, airy white and pink dress to go on top. Dante had the foresight to make sure that I bought everything on our shopping trip, including swimwear, shorts, and skirts meant to be worn on this island.

I look at myself in the mirror. On the outside, I appear to be together, strong, and even beautiful. But on the inside, I feel torn. On the one hand, I know that I love Dante, that I could never live without him. But on the other hand, I know my family will be looking for me. They'll want me, their principessa, back, and I can imagine they'd use any means necessary to make that happen, even if they think I ran away to Dante instead of the fact that he kidnapped me.

I shudder to think of what Daddy might do to Dante.

Knowing what I have to do, I leave the master bedroom to look for my love.

I search the massive house, but it's hard to know where he is. I start with the kitchen, finding Ludovica's in there cleaning up.

"Good morning," she says in her Italian accent. "Are you hungry for some breakfast?"

I nod. "I am, yes. But first, I need to find Dante. Do you know where he is?"

She points to the hallway. "Mr. De Rose is in his office. It's down the hall and to the right."

"Thanks." I smile at her and turn in the direction that she's pointing.

Walking down the long corridor, I try to contain the knots that form in my stomach as I think about what I'm about to tell Dante. I hope he's ready for this.

I find his office and knock on the door.

"Come in," he says.

I walk in. "Good morning." I hesitate, standing near the doorway.

His eyes light up when he sees me. "Holy fuck. Look at you this morning. Where'd you get that dress?"

I run my hands down the length of the sheer pink fabric. "You bought it for me, remember?" I say. "It's from one of the stores we visited in Old Ashton."

His eyes sparkle as they remain on me. "Oh, that's right. It was a store called...."

"Empress," I say, finishing the sentence for him.

I walk further into his office, which has stunning views of the beach. "You know, you spoiled me on that shopping trip, Dante. And you've spoiled me every day since."

He stands up, meeting me in the middle of the room. His hands find their way to my waist, causing a thrill of excitement to permeate through my body.

"That's because you deserve it," he tells me. "You deserve the entire fucking world."

I shiver to his touch, to be so near to him.

"Dante, there's a reason I'm here. I need to talk to you."

"Go on," he says, his eyes intently focused on me.

"I think it's time that I make that phone call to my dad. I need to tell him that I'm all right. And maybe I can talk to him about, you know, backing down. I don't want him coming after you."

There. I've said the things I needed to say to Dante.

He looks at me for a long time before finally agreeing with me. "I knew this moment would come, Sonia. I know that you need to contact your family and let them know that you're safe. I'm fine with you doing that. But as I said, don't tell them our location. Can I trust you to do that for me?"

"Trust?" My eyebrows shoot up. "I think after last night, trust shouldn't be an issue for us."

He smiles and holds me closer to him. "I agree. By now, we both know that we have trust and there are no secrets between us. I own you

, baby." My heart soars to hear him say these words. Dante possesses me. It's what I want. It's what he wants. And it verifies the fact that he might be in love with me too.

I sit back in his arms, feeling happy but also wondering what it is I might tell my father. It's not going to be an easy conversation.